Price:£2.95+ Free shipping

After moving house I found that the toilet suffered from quite bad limescale (over a centimetre thick) and was not flushing properly. After applying this as per the instructions (half a bottle in the bowl over night) the toilet was gleaming.

That in itself warrants 5 stars from me - but in addition to this I have also poured some onto a toilet brush and used it to brush under the rim - over the course of a week it has dissolved the limescale there which was blocking the water and the toilet now flushes properly.

Now that the toilet is clean of limescale, it smells much more fresh and it looks like a brand new toilet. This is powerful stuff and I was genuinely very surprised that just one application managed to remove a fairly bad limescale problem.

In a nutshell: Very easy to use but you need to be careful - the label states that it will irritate skin and I happened to spill some on my hand and it burnt! That just confirmed though how strong this substance is and I have to say that it really is effective.
on 17 May 2008
Kilrock descaler is the best I have ever used, and will not go back to any other - absolutly terrific, it does what it says....5 mins and your kettle is like new.
on 20 September 2013
I received my Kilrock-K 250ml bottle today and used it immediately on our shower head - which was not functioning as well due to limescale clogging the water nozzles. Removed the shower head and poured half of the bottle into a bucket of hot water and submerged the shower head for about 10 minutes or so until it had stopped fizzing and the limescale had completely dissolved. Be sure to rinse it out thoroughly before using. This is powerful stuff! Wear rubber gloves when using as it can burn on contact with skin and do not breathe the fumes in, if you can. As it really irritated my throat.

I used the remainder on our Breville Hot Cup. Which at the push of a button dispenses boiling hot water for tea, coffee etc. We've had it for about 2 years now and had never descaled it, but I was noticing bits of limescale coming out and also in the water chamber. So following the manufacturer's instructions poured Kilrock into a dispensed jug of boiling water, which I then poured back into the chamber and immediately began dissolving the limescale. Left for a few minutes, pushing the start button to allow the solution to run through the pipe and out of the nozzle. And it was very noticeable how dirty it was! This stuff is excellent, our Breville machine even operates alot smoother now. It doesn't spit and splatter out water through its nozzle like it used to, probably due to the limescale clogging it. It looks brand new and completely limescale free. Would definitely purchase again as delivery was quick and well packaged, but I'll go for the larger size next time as I want to tackle some stubborn limescale in the toilet bowl that the usual toilet cleaner has been unable to shift.
on 7 January 2013
The product does exactly as promised - completely clearing my 3-year-old steam generator iron of limescale and gunk.

However, if you're going to use this product with a steam generator, please learn from my mistake and let the steam run through outside - because it's a powerful product you don't really want it hitting your eyes or the back of your throat!

It's good value considering you get at least a couple of applications out of a bottle. Highly recommended.
on 14 May 2013
For years I have used 'ATAKA' that I purchased from Boots. It is based on Formic Acid so needs due care in use but otherwise is very quick and effective. When Boots ran out of stock I looked for an alternative supply. This one is also baased on Formic Acid and the only difference I detected was the name and the couour of the bottle.
on 8 June 2011
I live in an area of Nepal where the water is extremely hard and my kettle did look as though it was beyond a state where it could look clean again. I could not see the bottom of it at all due to the build up of lime scale. I followed the instructions and used a third of the bottle of descaler and five minutes later there was no lime scale visible on the kettle at all, including around the rim. An outstanding product and promptly delivered!
on 17 August 2011
So I'll start this with saying that I've never written a review before... but I had to for this product as it's just simply awesome stuff.

I bought it to descale our kettle, as we have a new baby and using a limescale covered kettle for making up feeds wasn't sitting well with me.

So I bought this, followed the instructions, sat back and watched the kettle fizz as the limescale dissolved in front of my eyes.

5 mins later and I had a kettle that looked brand new inside :)

I made sure I washed it out many times before using it to make a new feed just to be sure that any residue had gone, but I couldn't be happier with the product!

A must if you have limescale build up and want rid quickly.
on 1 April 2016
diluted and sprayed on my bathroom taps because no matter how many times i clean them limescale still builds up around the middle of them and just under the faucet.

it does have a slight chemical aroma so best to use in a ventilated area with rubber gloves.

once treated I left on the taps for about 10 minutes as they aren't ridiculously scaly but enough to be annoying,

I then filled the sink with warm water and used an old toothbrush to clean all the crevices, they have come up as good as new.

for this purpose I would say the bottle should last a fair few months although it can be used for many other jobs which are listed on the bottle, such as kettle descaling, shower heads, irons etc.

it has a dosing measurement for usage in a kettle which is handy but personally I use white vinegar in mine once a week since purchasing it and swish it till the limescale totally vanishes as I'm not really into using chemicals in something I'll be drinking from but if your kettle is pretty bad then this is a much more effective as the vinegar trick only works if you start it from day one and do it regularly.

As this job wasn't listed for this particular descaler I was very impressed with it's effectiveness as have tried many ways of treating it and none had worked half as well.
on 27 July 2012
AFTER REVIEWING THIS I DECIDED TO BUY AND WAS GLAD I DID,IT IS THE BEST DESCALER I HAVE EVER USED.ONE THING THOUGH DONT USE THE AMOUNT THEY TELL YOU ON THE BOTTLE,AS I ONLY USED HALF THE AMOUNT STATED AND IT BOUGHT MY KETTLES AND OTHER ITEMS BACK TO NEW,IT REALLY IS POWERFULL AND DOES WHAT IT SAYSKilrock-K Descaler 250ml I WILL ALWAYS KEEP THIS AT HAND FOR FUTURE USE.AND ONE OTHER THING DONT GO SMELLING IT AS I DID,TRUST ME ITS NOT NICE,AND BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO GET IT ON ANY OF YOUR SKIN.I HOPE THIS HELPS FOR ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING IT.
on 1 July 2014
This stuff is amazing. Decided to soak our shower head in x1 and a bit part Kilrock to x8 parts water. Soaked it for a couple of hours (maybe longer than advised). When I rinsed it and turned the shower on it was like having a brand new shower. Had forgotten just how much water pressure was lost due to lime scale. Shower not very old but London water is so harsh. Also thought that we needed a new boiler as prior to soaking in Kilrock, was having to switch the heating on to get the shower water hot. None of that any more. Kilrock has saved us a lot of money. Buy it!