Customer reviews

on 17 May 2016
So retro and nostalgic, so easy to clean
on 4 January 2011
Have been looking for a deep pie tin for some time, have
now found them and can make deep pies like :- chicken and ham, quiches,
egg and bacon pies. All with a decent size filling (portions)and can
use for many other recipes. Not 5 * but 10 star * EXCELLENT*
Would recommend to everyone to buy. They will out last you so you
will be able to pass down.
on 3 September 2013
The enamel has been damaged and knocked off on the inside of the dish. Any seller that sells a product on Amazon must know the condition that they send an item out in and if they don't then they should not be allowed to sell it on Amazon. I am well annoyed. I am just going to chuck the dish in the bin as it is unuseable.
on 24 April 2010
Bought this product to bake fruit pies for the family. The pastry does not stick in this tin it with-stands wrough handling and quick & easy to wash.
on 3 May 2012
What a great piece of kitchen kit. Retro looks like Granny's kitchen and perfect pies pop out without sticking, without soggy bottoms and in one whole piece.

Beats glass, ceramic and expensive cast iron every time. I have bought various sizes as well as this round one and can recommend them all!
on 7 November 2011
I am very pleased with my pie dish as I do a lot of cooking and prefer metal dishes to cook pastry,it is also the perfect size for my small family.
on 18 January 2012
This pie dish looks excellent and was just what I was looking for - good depth so able to accommodate a generous filling without spilling - good for Jamie Oliver's spinach and feta cheese filo pie. The cream colour is also very attractive and a nice change from the traditional blue and white.
on 10 January 2015
This makes awesome pies, the metal is thick enough to hold its heat but thin enough to nicely cook the base.
I have a few stoney/clay type pie dishes and they don't get used anymore. A few soggy bottoms to many in the past.....

I rub some butter around the inside this Falcon pie dish, place my shortcrust pastry in it and blind bake.
I make sure the pastry goes over the edge of the pie dish as it shrinks a bit while in the oven. Easily trimmed off.
Wait to cool, then chuck in the cooled filling and pop a shortcrust lid on the top.

Plonk in the oven for about 40 mins and then the best bit is that the pie turns out of the tin, every time and the base is never soggy.

Really easy to clean as well, after my pie has been devoured by my horde, I whack it into the dishwasher and it is spotless after. To be honest, the only mess left in the pie dish is some slightly browned butter, which is easy to clean off.

I have 3 of these tins, and I make three pies. One for the oven and two for the freezer. Leave to defrost and these frozen pies are just as nice.

The pie dish is deep enough to provide a nice amount of filling and it would easily give enough pie for 5 at dinner.

Don't think as it is made of metal that they don't break, I launched one across the kitchen and it hit the edge of my sideboard. One dent and the enamel flaked off, but totally my fault for losing my temper.

I originally ordered one of these, I broke it, missed it and now have 3, hence the 5 stars.
on 18 February 2012
After not arriving from Aladdin's Cave Biz, I contacted them and they quickly sent a replacement. The dish is great and I've made a couple of excellent pies, which have good depth. I recommend this pie dish.
on 26 June 2010
Just got it cos I fancied making chicken pie, It arrived fast and the pie was great :)