on 29 August 2013
Huge can that just keeps giving. I waterproofed 4 jackets and a coat and still have enough in the can for more waterproofing. The items darkened once the spray went on but dried to normal colour. I tested my items by using the shower spray on them. Water rolled off in droplets, as you would expect from waterproof items. A bit stinky so best to do outside. Once dry, there is no residue smell. A great product and I highly recommend it.
on 20 July 2012
I've used it to re-waterproof two jackets and there's still lots left over. Easy to use and dried in about an hour. I then sprayed the jackets with water and it ran straight off. Been out in medium downpours and I've remained dry. Word of warning though, spray it outside. Any spray that lands on the floor makes it incredible slippy. I hung the jackets on the washing line and sprayed them over grass.
on 27 November 2012
I washed my coat and didn't think about until a sudden downpour wet me through. This waterproof spray enables most of the water to run off...brilliant!
One thing...don't worry if the fabric darkens on application my coat of organic cotton returned to its normal colour once it was completely dry.
on 11 March 2012
bought this to re-waterproof my husbands jacket after washing it,we sprayed it out in the garden then hung the jacket on the line for much longer than suggested as the smell was quite strong. the result was exactly as described and have since used it to waterproof his fishing umbrella. very pleased
on 8 February 2015
I was on the fence about getting this as it had some mixed reviews. I'm so glad I did though because it works so well. I used this on my good nylon coat and the rain literally shook off me. I actually got compliments of how waterproof my coat was after this haha.

Verdict: Definitley give this stuff a try, comes in a massive can and worth every penny.
on 3 October 2011
Why did I buy Fabsil?
(You ain't going to believe this)
Because I joined the Salvation Army!
Please let me explain...
The Uniform of a Salvation Army Soldier includes a hat, which is is not waterproof.
There are covers, but that is just another piece of kit to carry around and the tunic pockets are not that big...
So a friend of mine, ever practical, suggested that I did what she had done.
USE FABSIL ON THE HAT TO MAKE IT WATERPROOF.
Obvious really - its a bit like doing up the poppers on your quilt cover before putting it into the washing machine so the rest of the washing load doesn't have to be taken out of the cover at the end of the wash cycle.
Brilliant idea, good product - does what it says on the tin :¬)
on 31 December 2013
I have used different types of weatherproof for my clothing and hats but most have left a sheen or strong smell, this time the clothes look un proofed and there is no smell, the clothing has spent many hours this year in the wet and as yet I have had no wet patches on trousers and the water on my bush hat runs off well. If you wish to proof clothing this is the one to use.
on 26 September 2012
i bought this waterproofing spray to reproof my waterproof trousers and my jackets...i was sceptical as i have used other brands of jacket reproofers and didnt think they worked.
However, this stuff proved me wrong and it has worked well...repelling heavy downpours.
As others have commented this stuff stinks when you initially apply it...i sprayed it on in the garage and then hung the garments outside for a few hours to get rid of the smell!
apart from that i cant fault it and will certainly use it again.
on 27 June 2015
Firstly you get plenty in this can! So you can use on more than one thing. I used it on my fabric motorcycle jacket, i had to do it outside as it does smell a bit, it turns the garment a little darker but at least you can tell where you have applied it. I definitely stayed dry it the next rain pour!
on 5 August 2012
This is my second purchase of this product, it does what it says on the tin. I used the first tin for my garden swing canopy and rotary dryer cover. It worked well so am using also for some dog jackets I am in the process of making. I have tested it on cotton, gaberdine and fleece and it doesn't show - which is just what I wanted. Another very speedy delivery.