on 30 June 2003
I know sequels are a hard act to follow,but in this case I thought they did very well.
I dreaded it when i knew I ws taking my 4yr old daughter to see it.
But I laughed through most of it and found it very entertaining.
Will definately buy when out on DVD.
on 21 October 2003
I have a two year old and a four year old and was a bit sceptical about buying a follow-up to the first Jungle Book, I need not have feared as they both love this film and since I have purchased it they have wanted to watch it over and above their other films. I think it is to do with the catchy songs and the introduction of 2 extra characters (Mowgli's friends) and I would go so far as to say that they have watched this more times than the original Jungle Book. If you have any doubts rent it first but I bet you'll be buying it before too long.
on 26 April 2010
We have both Jungle Book movies. My girls find this one more interesting because of the new female character in the story. The songs are just as good as in Part 1, and the voices are even better, with Haley Joel Osment as Mowgly and John Goodman as Baloo. The best part in Jungle Book 1 (for my kids) is the Snake singing his hypnotizing "Trust in Me", which unfortunately isn't in Part 2. Despite this, the movie is very entertaining and uplifting. Recommended highly!
on 29 June 2014
Very p, pleased with dvd, came quickly, the case and dvd was in excellent condition ,my son has watched already and played fine, very pleased with product.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 June 2016
As my son loves The Jungle Book I thought we'd give this film a whirl although I wasn't expecting it to be that good to be honest.
I was very pleasantly surprised! It's decades since the original was made and although none of the original voices feature Disney have done an amazing job at getting the new voices to sound exactly like their predecessors
The storyline is good, the music is catchy.
For a sequel I think it's great
on 27 June 2015
I absolutely love the jungle book, it must be on my top ten all time best Disney films, JB2 wasn't as good as JB1 but still worth getting. JB1 is very addictive and you cant help but sing along to all the songs, great play time with children and also great family fun as well, I could never get bored of this film... it is definitely the bear necessity to all dvd collections. yes I recommend this DVD as a must have.
on 25 March 2010
I loved the first part of the jungle book and this second part is just the perfect way to end it. After the first part, you want to know what happened to mowgli in the village. A few new songs; still good but can't beat the part one songs.
And the additional chapters; really entertaining.
Hours of fun for the family. My kids are probably going to scrath the DVD from over-watching.
on 2 January 2016
thank you for my item this DVD is so good i can see why they have done this One to finish the 1 st story and it is great and gose really well with the 1 st story of The Jungle Book and i love it and i have to recermade it to everyone who love 's this Diseny story and hope anyone to go for it it is so worth buying and i got my item safley to me and i will use your serivce agian
on 3 March 2010
Rarely if ever will a sequel prevail over the previous movie, and in this case although it was good, it did not: but i did not expect it to. The first Jungle Book is a classic and unique animation that will not be rivalled, yet the sequel is entertaining with a cute storyline and fresh new catchy songs. Definitely one to be considered for your Disney collection.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 12 July 2008
Note: The review that follows is of the Special Edition of a film first released in 2003.

Comparisons with the earlier version released 41 years ago (featuring the voices of Phil Harris, Sebastian Cabot, Louis Prima, George Sanders, and Sterling Holloway among others) are inevitable and perhaps unfair. As I began to watch this sequel, I tried very hard to experience it and then judge it on its own merits. All issues considered, my rating of it is explained as follows: I think it offers pleasant but unexceptional entertainment (Three Stars) and several bonus features that add one Star to my rating.

My guess is that, in general, adults enjoy the special features (other than interactive games such as "Mowgli's Jungle Ruins Maze") more than children do. In the sequel, the plot remains faithful to the beloved Rudyard Kipling novel, this time featuring the voices of John Goodman, Haley Joel Osment, Mae Whitman, and Jim Cummings. Phil Collins provided the voice of Lucky. I watched this film with several of my younger grandchildren, none of whom had seen the 1967 version. Unlike their parents and grandparents, they and other children ages 4-14 seem to think nothing of watching a film they like several times either in a theatre or a DVD of it, whether or not it is a sequel.

Although a sequel offering solid entertainment to "children of all ages," I doubt if it will not have the same enduring appeal from one generation to the next as do other feature length animated films produced by Disney (e.g. Bambi, Beauty and the Beast, Dumbo, Pinocchio, and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs) and Pixar (e.g. Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, and WALL-E) nor by DreamWorks (e.g. Antz and Shrek). I agree with my grandchildren: it was fun to watch but generates no interest in seeing it again soon. It must join a long line ahead of it.