on 19 August 2014
When his father dies, Peter inherits "Strange Wilderness," his dad's TV show about animals.

After a huge ratings drop, the studio head gives the show two more weeks before he cancels it.

An old friend brings a story about Bigfoot, so a long road trip is in order as Peter's team faces competition from a better-funded and more confident set of rivals.

Who will find Bigfoot first, and will they get it on tape and save the show....

Its a Happy Madison production, so if you know a lot about movies, you should know if that would have you steer clear, or just go with it.

I'm okay with the fact that Sandler makes movies that many people just hate, but I for one, do not feel guilty in the fact that I like watching them, because there is nothing serious about them, and they are short, and very, very stupid, just the way I want my escapism movies.

This has to be one of the most absurd ones the company has produced yet, and if it wasn't for such a great cast, it's bordering on slightly dull.

Zahn has great screen presence, and his performance adds a little class to the proceedings. But then the support is great too, and this is where the film excels.

Long is brilliant as the stereotypical stoner, and the funniest set pieces revolve around him, especially the scene where he is questioning a man about his name.

It loses its way a little in the middle, the final act, featuring a feature on sharks, is so stupid, you cannot help but to laugh.

Its one of the more weaker films from Happy Madison, but I still got something out of it.
on 9 June 2008
This comedy was another made by Adam Sandlers company, and I had high hopes for it. Grandmas Boy, a previous offering from this stable (Also featuring Allen Covert) is my all time favourite geek comedy.
Strange Wilderness however, in spite of it's strong cast (Steve Zahn, Allen Covert,Peter Dante (Grandmas boy), Superbad's Jonah Hill, and guest roles from Ernest Borgnine and Robert Patrick)it falls far from the mark. I didn't actually laugh for over 30 mins, and the tenuous plot barely held the thin humour together.
The funniest part is when Zahn gets literally "gobbled" by a giant turkey. Watching the outtakes was actually more entertaining, though Ernest Borgnine looks a little out of place amongst the other cast. What a shame. Hopefully Allen Covert will be writing the next outing from the Sandler corp.
on 2 April 2015
Really funny film if you like quirky comedies. Basically its about a failing film company who hit the road to go film big foot and everything in between. Especially funny is their commentary to their filming
on 20 August 2013
I'm very pleased with the BD version of this film. It's Zone free too so it will play outside Nth America (Mine is a Zone B machine) The disc packaging was damaged on my copy when it arrived (but not through the shipping envelope) so it must have come off the shelf that way at the supplier - That was a bummer. Great film though - if you like Happy Madison films - give this one a go.
on 17 June 2014
not exactly sure why this has bad reviews, maybe people take it too seriously. This is easy watching and honestly had me struggling to breathe in parts I was laughing so hard. Steve Zahn and Jonah Hill play great characters, would recommend
on 10 July 2009
At the time of writing, there is only one other review for this film and it is a negative one. If there's one thing I hate, it's reviewers who think there is only one valid viewpoint so I'm not going to express scorn for someone who didn't find Strange Wilderness funny. People are different and taste is personal. These are good things.

However, I have watched the film three times now and I laugh more with each viewing. My wife and I have wildly differing tastes in comedy but she was also in fits. The inane commentaries to Zahn's failing wildlife show, his wonderfully offensive attempts to speak Mexican, the surreal wafflings of Jonah Hill are all magnificent. This is not one of those tightly plotted Hollywood comedies which make you titter occasionally and warm your heart with clicheed happy endings. It's just mad and properly, laugh-until-you-cry hilarious. If the makers think something is funny, they run with it and, fortunately for me, it chimes with my sense of humour like no other American film I can remember. Unlike the other reviewer, I wasn't expecting much at all from a Sandler produced film (I quite like his films but that's as far as I'd go) but this blows the likes of 'Zohan', (not to mention 'Borat', 'Semi Pro' or any other recent, enjoyable 'zany' efforts) out of the water.

If Strange Wilderness needs a champion, I'll put my hand up.
on 3 January 2013
Brilliant funny DVD great condition had been looking for this DVD for a while great to finally find it And enjoy it again! Quick delivery well packaged thanks
Strange wilderness a comedy must see :)
on 8 September 2014
Bit of a let down overall. But does have some great bits.. NEEEEEXT DEBBAAAAAAAAAAYYYY! Love the made up facts and the bit with the shark clip! Steve Zahn just about holds this film together.
on 23 October 2015
Very fast delivery great bargain
on 19 March 2015
enjoyed very much funny film