Customer reviews

Charlie and Lola - Volume 2 [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 6 June 2006
CHARLIE AND LOLA is based on a series of books by Laura Childs, (Kate Greenaway winning) who's also known for her Smarties shortlisted Clarice Bean book series (2001) and that Pesky Rat (won the Smarties Gold prize). Lola herself is modelled on a child she saw on a Danish train journey. It features the daily relationship of siblings (totally normal goings on for anyone with kids but rather bizozare maybe to the childless) 7 year old patient & set upon Charlie Summer & his mischevous, imaginative, pink milk obsessed 4 year old sister Lola in almost a parental way. Despite the very RP English accents the kids are very accurate & relatable for children and their worn out parental viewers. Other characters are again children (Lotta & Marv respectively & the imaginary Soren Lorenson named after Child's partner) as like Peanuts it features no adults directly & only child voices.

The drawings are simple style combined with a real image background (collage using numerous techniques) that looks quite arty in itself, being sympathetic to the books. There've been two series produced (26 episodes in each) showing on PH Disney/CBeebies, this dvd features the remaining episodes from series one (according to the BBC) and isn't the second series as listed. I prefer the episodes on this dvd (DVD Two) with my three year olds (who now thinks she's Lola) favourite being Boo! & My Book.
on 7 April 2013
I love Charlie and Lola...my little girl has loved them since she was 2 (now 5) and still watches it whenever on Cbeebies. I ended up purchasing this dvd because she wouldn't stop taking my phone to look on You-Tube for episodes. She has even seen the live show which she thoroughly enjoyed. The only downside would be that because on tv so much, you end up having watched all the episodes before (and in my little's girls case more then once!)and also the voice of Lola is not the same as it is now (I prefer her voice now compared to when volume 2 was out) so taking that into account and the repetition because of on tv a lot already....4 stars. From what I can see, there is a volume 9 out so this is one of the earliest releases so as mentioned, bound to have seen them all before, but there is one episode my daughter loves which she has watched at least 10 times now and can't get enough off....so for that reason this dvd was purchased. Despatched quickly.
on 15 June 2006
This keeps my 3 year old entranced. Imaginative and colourful. A must have for any parent of a toddler.
on 9 May 2006
YAY! It's really good. really, it is. lola is v. cute (if a little bit annoying) and its nice the way charlie always helps her out. he's a nice brother (shame about mine....). BUY IT!
on 11 January 2010
Great dvd's for younger children. We now have bought 7 or 8 different ones from Amazon as they are quickly sent, are well packed and at a good price. Why buy 2nd hand or fakes when they are a great price here. Please see other Charlie & Lola reviews I have written. My 5 year old granddaughter loves them.
on 14 December 2010
Charlie and Lola are brilliant dvds and books, my son aged 2 loves them and i think it show i brilliant bond between brother and sisters and my 2year old has learnt alot from this dvds well recommend
on 6 September 2013
Items arrived promptly and well packaged. If you have a Charlie and Lola fan in the house they will enjoy the many stories on this DVD. Would trade with this seller again.
on 11 September 2009
We have the 1st 3 volumes and this is by far our favourite disc. All of the episodes are highly entertaining (Boo being the most loved).
on 3 January 2010
My 4 yr old son, really loves Charlie and Lola and he will sit still and watch them for ages, it's the only time he does!
good value and lovely stories.
on 18 September 2013
It's Charlie and Lola ,a modern classic pre-schooler programme ,funny ,charming and really loved by my two young daughters .