Customer reviews

on 12 November 2014
I've worn a lot of knee lenth boots over the years, and i normally would go buy a pair of ''Newrocks" when looking for sterdy, stompy boots. This time i needed something i could wear for work as i'm on my feet a lot , and on nights out stomping around the dance floor and i LOVE THEM. and they make my legs look so skinny!

I wear a UK womens size 6 so i orded a size 6, as they are unisex i thought they might be a little bigger (to accomodate mens sizes) But they fit like a glove!, its a little queeze to get into the first time so i had to loosen the laces a little. if you are wide in the foot however i would suggest going a size up and 1 size difference isnt drastic but it might give you the extra room you need.

Bewear that like all real leather products they will need a bit of wear to mould to your legs, so i allways wear welly/ extra thick socks for a week or so while i break them in, but once they are broken in they will be sooo comfy!

I ordered the plain black style, and while they are not patent they do have a "shine" and smooth look to them.
I'm so glad i ordered theses from this store, a lot cheaper than dr martins offiical site! and surprisingly very quick delivery considering they came from overseas.
review image
on 5 January 2015
LOVE THESE!!!!!!!!! Arrived today and absolutely love them I'm usually a size 6 but ordered a 6.5 and the fit is so much better! I have these in a Cherry and have been desperate for the Black Patent ones for ages - finally ordered them and couldn't be happier!
Great fit, delivery was fantastic arrived on estimated date cannot recommend these high enough!
If you love DM's you will adore these! I agree with a previous review you can wear these bad boys anywhere, anytime day or night! Great value compared to the high street
Get these you won't regret it
on 16 July 2015
Love these boots..have many docs ..find they last year's and are easy to polish and clean.As a little short at 5'2 I was worried about length but they fit perfectly for a knee length boot.No doubt the zip will need replacing eventually as they tend to go above the ankle .Leather on the coloured docs is different to the black but wears in the same so it's not a problem.Had no rubbing with these boots but have with previous ones.
on 29 December 2009
Possibly the most fabulous boots I've ever owned, these attract so many compliments from the most unlikely people and look amazing with just about anything! I bought these in white and they're wonderfully comfortable as well as looking great. The zips mean they're easy to get on and off and you can customise them with coloured laces and tying them as low or high as you like. Unlike the shorter 8-hole Docs, these don't hurt quite as much when wearing in and are a generous, comfortable fit, true to size.

The best part of buying them from Amazon is the reduced price - high street shops charge far too much for these! I'll be keeping them for years to come, more than justifying the cost.

EDIT: Much later after writing this, I am still wearing these regularly and still getting awesome compliments from random people. Very worth it!
on 4 January 2009
Ignore 'Emily the prude's' review below, these boots are sexy and very comfortable (also, evidently patent leather from the shine in the pictures) They ARE for everyday use, why banish these boots to the night time? The first day I wore them I was stopped by a number of alternative girls asking where I got them from. They're excellent quality and the shine is amazing! There is a zip on the inside which means you can cheat and not have to tie the 20 eyelet laces. Remember, if you buy the black, take good care of them as they are patent leather, which needs more attention that regular leather boots.
on 17 March 2013
DMs always seem expensive to me but i do love them despite the painfully hard leather. DMs are the only footwear that I have to break in. a google search can give advice eg - f fill with warm water overniht and wear them damp and tight the next day. too unple asant for me. my brother lots of baby lotion, inside and out, and leave overnight. wear the next day. it works and is bearable. Later on, sprays that stretch/softner leather used. they work in mins. So, if are a devotee, get some. i love mine. they are like the old mini cars, iconic. you either get it or you don't. the boots are almost knee high on me (5ft 4in), with shortish chunky legs. They are about one and a half inches below my knee. still, they are striking boots and i am glad i have finally let myself buy them.
on 20 July 2010
They fit in colour and size. I wear only Dr. Martens. Do I need to add anything else?
on 29 November 2014
I've had a pair of mens 20 eyelet boots for a while now and although I own several pairs of boots these are the best. I wore them to London a few days ago outside my jeans and was complimented by a guy for their look. They're really comfortable and durable and I would recommend them to anyone. They do take a bit of time to lace up - I'd love to find a pair with a zip in men's sizes, no joy so far!
David, Arundel, West Sussex
on 31 December 2010
I'm on my third pair of long Dr Martens now ... The first pair took a while to break in, but when they got there they were dead comfy and I always got great comments and compliments about them. They lasted a year and then the zip went by the ankle. I got the zip replaced by a cobblers in Cardiff, and they lasted another year before the leather went around the heel. I loved them so much I bought another pair. They took a while to break in, but when they got there they were dead comfy and I always got great comments and compliments about them. They lasted a year and then the zip went by the ankle. I couldn't find a cobbler who would replace the zip this time. I got a third pair .... They took a while to break in but .... You can see where this is going, right? Zip already looks like it' under too much pressure. A friend of mine has had the same problem with two pairs of the same boot. She sent one pair back because they were still under warranty, and they sent her a new pair. Then they also went at the ankle only a few months later! It's a shame, because they are such lovely boots. But I can't afford to buy a new pair of boots each season and then spend ages breaking them in only for them to fall apart on me. So no more DR MArtens after this pair, I'm afraid. *teary eyes*
on 11 December 2014
Amazings Boots.
I hoope my wife liked...it s a Christmas Gift :-)
Thanks 2 Amazon