on 29 April 2017
I feel like I should come to the defense of this product - as some of the reviews here are pretty negative,

I was very skeptical when I first bought this binder to bind my master's thesis. I was running very last minute and knew that there would be no time to get it bound professionally, so took the risk of binding it myself. However, I needn't have worried - it did the job fine and I was able to bind 3 copies (50 pages each) in no time at all - there's no way I could have submitted everything on time without it.

The instruction manual says that it binds 5 pages at a time - I think this is pushing it and probably wouldn't do more than 3 for fear of breaking the machine. When I first took it out of the box it was extremely stiff, even when hole punching just one page at a time, but I've found that this goes once you've punched a few sheets. Some people say that they were not able to hole punch PVC binding covers or cardboard - I have successfully done both. If you are using the machine straight away, it may take some force to do so, but it most certainly can be done.

I've used a professional binder capable of hole punching 20 sheets at a time - obviously if that's the caliber you want then you shouldn't be buying this £20 product. However, if you want something cheap and functional (even if it does take slightly longer) then I can't recommend this enough. It also comes with some binding combs of various sizes, which saves you some money for your first few booklets.
on 30 August 2017
You basically get what you paid for! Feels very fragile on first use as the punch handle is plastic and requires a lot of pressure to punch through just a few pages. Cannot punch more than 2-3 pages at a time and inserting the paper onto the opened comb is very fiddly and pretty much hit and miss as to whether all the teeth of the comb go through the slots. I'll persevere a little longer, but I wouldn't recommend this product.
on 7 June 2017
It does the job its supposed to but its a bit stiff and cant handle a huge booklet. I still found it useful and easy to use though.
on 3 July 2017
Good
on 3 July 2017
Not the smoothest of systems, it gets stuck especially on the cover sheets. However it does do the job and was a life saver when I was too close to the hand in deadline for some Uni work.
on 5 June 2017
Works well
on 21 July 2017
Utter rubbish it has wreaked my end of year reports !!!! Not happy !!! It's jammed shut 😡
on 4 July 2017
" sheets of A4 and it's jammed solid!
on 15 May 2017
Absolute rubbish.
on 16 October 2011
This works as long as you only punch ONE sheet of paper at a time. The instructions say it will punch cover and backboard - it will NOT do either. I have just spent all day freeing the mechanism after attempting this, starting by removing all 14 screws from the base plate and eventually getting it together again. However I have now finally managed to individually punch and then bind 15 sheets of paper.