on 15 June 2015
Even though you get the same plot during every episode it's not hard to like Bill Bixbys 'Hulk'

It's also great to see the poor effects before the invention of CGI & just a big old guy painted green performing all The Hulks 'stunts' - It's even better spotting where the paint has rubbed off or wasn't applied. (Soles of his feet for instance)

David Banner shows America there's work out there if you are prepared to get off your behind and look for it as he landed a new position in a new city nearly every week.

Good entertainment at a price that won't make you mad but will make your mates green with envy when they splurge more on their copy from a rival high street store!
on 27 June 2009
Id been waiting years for this to be released on dvd as I watched it when I was young and always been a fan and you get value for money with box sets.It contains all of the first and second series. Lou ferigno is great as the hulk and the late Bill bixby is great as David banner in these great episodes and tells you how he became the hulk and the different adventures he has. I would recommend this if you are great fan and seen the new films which aint the same really as they are spoiled by the computer graphics of the hulk,the original is much better and looks more realistic. Shame there was no extras on this dvd,but it was over 30 years ago,enjoy!
on 4 March 2015
GREAT SERIES THIS SET CONSISTS OF 10 DISCS COMPLETE SEASONS 1 & 2.DON'T MAKE ME ANGRY.YOU WOULDN'T LIKE ME WHEN I'M ANGRY.THE FAMOUS QUOTE THAT STUCK TO OUR MINDS FROM CHILDHOOD DAYS,BUY IT NOW YOU WON'T REGRET IT.
on 21 February 2012
Another classic prog from the seventies, that half the school duscussed in the school yard the following monday morning. Dont make me angry, you wont like me when I'm angry, oh wonderful stuff. If you grew up in the seventies, as a kid you were spoiled by such darned good Tv progs. O.k when you watch now as an adult the story lines are not sophisticated, there has to be a monster and fight sequence. But it's all entertaining stuff, and it's quite well done. The acting and scripts are perfectly fine.
In the film remake the monster is ugly, and a bit too fantistically strong and omnipotent. A true hero is grounded in reality, at least there is a nod to it. Another seventies classic I am glad to have in my collection.
on 27 March 2013
The item arrived promptly, and the series is as good as I remember it. However, my BluRay player seems to have frequent problems playing some of the disks in the set, and these don't seem to be fixed by cleaning either the player or the disks. Had the disks (which are, after all, DVDs not BluRays) played without problems I would have given a full 5 stars. As it is, I can only give 4.
on 27 April 2014
Recommended for any fan of this series, took me right back to my childhood. Probably not so impressive for newer fans of the Hulk, but what was done for the time it was made was incredible . . . I did shudder with some of the transformations though LOL
VINE VOICEon 25 June 2008
This set is bascially all the series one and two DVDs in one box. All the same special features etc are the same. The outer box is a bit flimsy but inside the DVDs are in sturdy slim pack cases.

Save yourself some space on the shelf and get this at a bargain price.
on 30 December 2009
One only has to look at the reviews for series 1 on its own to realise that circa 30 years later the series still has appeal. I bought this because I am becoming a growing superhero fan and because at a bargain price for two series I could rewatch some episodes at least of a series I watched as a kid. Having viewed all 120 moving episodes of The Fugitive I can really appreciate Banner's appropriate "fugitive" status. I did not remember that the Banner/Hulk connection was so Jeckyll and Hyde, but then the Hulk is doing both good and bad things.

The Hulk is played very well and the scene in episode two with him wrestling a bear in a river is extremely well done bearing in mind the potential risks.

The Hulk is not one of my favourite superheros nor one of the better recent superhero films. But in terms of the best superhero television series, it has sufficient drama, it was probably the best for nearly two decades until arguably Lois and Clark or Smallville came along. As as fan of particulary 1960s+ television I can appreciate these stories, but to some modern audiences, it will be a little too dated now, unfortunately.
on 5 December 2010
I have just picked up this box set today for £10 from a local second hand store by the name of CEX. I have to say that I am mega happy to have the Incredible Hulk seasons 1 & 2 in my DVD collection. :) :) :)

I just been watching the two part episode called Mystery Man where David is put alongside his nemesis Jack McGee, who wants David's help to find the creature. It was a really good experience to see an episode of The Incredible Hulk that I have been dying to see, ever since I saw it on a kids television show called Milkshake.

But I am impressed on the design of the box that contains all of the DVDs, where I am now going to hopefully watch the rest of the episodes of the ultimate classic 70s show called the Incredible Hulk.

If you are a huge Incredible Hulk fan, then I recommend this box set as you'll be entertained for hours.
on 5 September 2009
How can you make hulk into a series unless u put lots of money into it? well bill bixby plays a vulnerable version of the hulk traveling the states seaking a cure for his gamma mutation along the way he meets various people and helps them out.Its not along the comic book stories as such as you soon learn that hulk is vulnerable and dosnt have the military persuing him but rather a news reporter.There is a sense of lonliness in the series as david banner moves from place to place and the series sort of grow on you. you may either like it or you wont.dont confuse it with the most recent ones this was made in the late 70's so dont expect expensive special effects.Perhaps the older viewer may like this rather than say the younger generation.