on 16 July 2012
Having recently been diagnosed with advanced, incurable cancer, I found that I could identify with the characters in the film, as it was very true to life, except that I am a lot younger than they are. I found the film highly amusing, and well acted. Anyone who has had chemotherapy can see the funny side of the side effects, and of course anyone who is "terminal" is advised that if they want to do anything then do it "now". I have my own Bucket List and I hope that I get to visit the pyramids, plus one or two other personal things, before my time is up. Healthy or not, one never knows when one's time will be up, so I advise that everyone write their own "Bucket List" and act apon it now.
53 people found this helpful
on 1 October 2017
What a wonderful, wonderful film this is. Calm, thoughtful, yet somehow gracious and satisfying. I like to think it captures how we would all like to go on the final journey - at Peace - never mind the trappings. It is that aspect that is so important at the end of the day, second only to Family. Awesome film, truly thought provoking. We have all got to go on that final journey sometime, and there are worse ways than being at Peace with yourself and your family and friends.

I'd give it six stars+ if I could, sombre yet happy, sad yet gives a thoughtful, thoughtful yet final. Awsome film, run dont walk to watch it.
5 people found this helpful
on 2 August 2017
Let's start with the acting shall we? Both Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman are among the world's finest actors and the characters they play in this film were both magnificent. I loved this film for that reason if for nothing else. I also thought Virginia and 'Thomas'/Matthew were played brilliantly as well, and Thomas at least was a very fine character piece.

SO then the story,. The script made me cry in places and smile and laugh and feel all the wild emotions that make life worth living. I'm only in my fifties but I too have lived with (and now survived I am glad to say) cancer. But the idea of the bucket list is important not just for those of us who are, or have been told they are, dying. It's for everybody. When the time comes for Osiris to weigh our souls (other myths are available) it is important that we have done all we can to make it worthwhile. I have survived cancer. Friends have died. The thing to know is to make the most of the time we have available.

I love this film most of all for setting out this lesson.
2 people found this helpful
on 19 May 2018
Dreadful. Had such high hopes, with two very famous main actors and an interesting storyline of how they meet as strangers, go on adventures together and become close friends. Unfortunately, the execution of this storyline is really poor; but I'm not sure which is worse...the poor plot/lines/development, or the special effects. I think the entire film is behind a green screen. Two of the worst was their faces being pasted onto someone else's bodies for the skydiving and racing.... truly awful job of it..... and as for places like Egypt where they were supposedly out by the pyramids? Really shockingly awful effects and I wish they actually just did everything rather than blatantly faking it. Both actors should be massively ashamed and embarrassed by this film. I still like the premise of the film and I'm hoping that a team with talent can re-do it in a much better way!
on 11 September 2017
Bit hard core for me as I am avoiding as best as possible facing this part of life. Having said that in many ways this movie makes what for me are very unpalatable facts into an experience of helpfulness. Great acting and story.
on 12 October 2017
Simply wonderful. Two masters of their craft, at the top of their game. Although the basic premise is somewhat fanciful (what film isn't) Jack and Morgan played it to perfection. Deeply moving, highly recommended. Thank you gents, I loved it.
on 28 August 2017
What a film. You will laugh in places but most of all you will be moved and will find it hard not to shred a tear at the end. Outstanding film
on 2 August 2015
This was both a sad and humorous film, enhanced by the two superb actors Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, expertly casted for this film.
Accepting that at the end of the day it was only a film it DID however make me think, as an individual, as to what I myself have achieved in life so far, and what I will "leave behind" when I die. I must stress though it didn't make me depressed, it just made me realise what good things have happened with the hope that I will be remembered in a positive way one day.
I thoroughly recommend that this film is viewed, it both entertains and makes you think about life in general.
One person found this helpful
on 4 September 2017
You know from the beginning how it will end but it doesn't detract the lovely storyline and outrageously funny moments.. Yes, I did end up crying my eyes out but also from the happy, beautiful moments. It wasn't a film I would normally watch but I am so pleased I did. Give it a go, you'll be thankful.
One person found this helpful
on 22 June 2014
It was light yet had poignancy in dealing with the eternally troubling reality of death. The main characters were great together and the supporting actors were also excellent. Very good idea for a story which made for an enjoyable and sad film. It avoided mawkish sentimentality by creating characters we could care about which meant that the death scene and the one where Jack Nicholson's character is seen fulfilling of one of the most beautiful items on the list - beautifully rendered as intertwined scenes - was very emotionally charged and believable.
2 people found this helpful