on 7 August 2009
As a retired codger I required a no frills phone that was simple to use and have a large enough keyboard for my ailing eyes. This litle phone ticks all the boxes and as a bonus the battery life on standbye is excelent. I whole-heartedly recommend this phone.
0Comment| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 August 2009
If you want, or expect, anything more than a straightforward basic mobile, then don't choose this one. Because, that is exactly what it is!
Solidly built, easy to use and with a basic camera. The Bluetooth is a bonus, but there is no cable connection, so a USB wireless adapter is needed for your PC.
The ringtones, at full volume, are quite loud, which is good if carried in your pocket - something I was particularly pleased with, as I often didn't hear my old Vodaphone ringing.
The vibration, if set, is not very strong and unless it is near to your body. may not be felt.
However, a good phone, and worked straight away with my sim card taken from my old phone. Top Marks!
on 10 September 2009
This is good, workhorse mobile phone. Maybe a bit lightweight plastic but it feels and looks good. Great that it is SIM/no contract free. There are everchanging offers for free/low cost SIM cards now. Just means that you can buy some airtime from one provider and then switch to a better deal with another at any time. Example, I am using up previously purchased time with Vodafone and then will slip in the ASDA SIM card for a much better rate per minute.
The Nokia is neat and chunky to hold. Nice, large illuminated keys. The 'clamshell' design means the keys are kept out of the way until you make or take a call. No more accidental mis-hit keys. There are enough features for those who don't need an all singing and dancing mobile phone. The Bluetooth facility works perfectly to connect to your PC. If your computer does not have the Blue tooth feature just buy a low-cost dongle from Amazon. No need for yet another cable to connect phone to computer. Download and nstall the free Nokia 'PC Suite' from the Nokia website onto your PC and your phone and PC will talk to each other for sharing photographs and more. I found the phone's camera perfectly adequate for the quick snap to email to friends. Criticism? It is supposed to offer an analogue clock display on the front screen instead of rhe 24 hr digital one. It doesn't show. I have to use my fingers to work out 24 hr time. Nitpicking!
It's a Nokia, should be reliable and a good buy. Good for those of us in advanced years
who don't need to be fashionable and impress anyone!
on 27 February 2013
The 2760 phone arrived today it was bought by me for an elderly person who is struggling to see numbers on his samsung phone. The phone is supposed to be NEW. I am disappointed that on first opening the box, I noticed it was not sealed and the phone does not look NEW the cables are not in plastic bags but just folded up with a plastic tie around the middle, there is also no instruction booklet either and it has a Movistar logo on the front face and back cover. The seller does not inform you that there is no instruction booklet or there is a Movistar logo on the phone this makes me rather suspicious whether the phone is NEW or not which is a bit off putting to say the least. The next few days will let me know whether it is new or second hand being sold as NEW which is in my view fraud!! Disappointing.

I decided to return the phone to the seller which was sent a few days ago and now just waiting for reimbursement of my money. To be fair with the seller I have so far had no problems with them accepting the return of the phone. Movistar is a Spanish phone from Telefonica.
on 13 December 2015
This is a great little phone,i charged the phone up popped my Sim card in,and made my calls.I know the Nokia is not a new one,but it works great.I had the Nokia before,and i dropped it in our toilet in our motor home,i bought a different make.Not like my old Nokia,i noticed this one,and took the chance.Well, am glad i did,it came with the charger as well,plus a six months warranty.And it works great,i am very please,make sure i do not drop it again.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 March 2013
I DO NOT RATE THIS PHONE They are sourced from spain and programmed to spanish standard/alphabet,if I had known this I
WOULD HAVE LOOKED elsewhere.
The first phone supplied had a repair chit with it ,which was returned and exchanged, the second was also from spain , in both cases no instruction book,the advert indicated new !
on 14 February 2013
does'nt appear brand new, rather suspicious as no logo/name etc, on box-nothing in fact! its just a plain dark grey box. am sure the write up also said it came with a uk charger- it's european 2 pins! and theres no user guide/manual. am sure the detail said new and i don't beleive it is.as it's a present and not for myself am not very happy, could have paid £39.99 for same, listed on same page!
on 10 September 2013
My mother wanted a new phone for Christmas. It had to be light, flip or swivel, a Nokia because she's used to that and most importantly it had to have big buttons. This had it all, she absolutely loves it and she's still using it a few years on. Great little phone!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 April 2010
Bought this item for my grandfather, because of the large font, and large keyboard.

He LOVED it. Everything suits him. Ok camera, nice and loud speakers, medium screen with large font.

The only downside of this phone is the memory. It only has 14mb of internal memory and there is no slot to put an extra memory.

Good phone. Solid.

Thanks.
Mo
on 7 February 2013
works well, does what is required, nothing too complicated. phones,texts and photos. shell protects the keypad and screen, so it`s not phoning people up while jiggleing about in better halfs handbag, and when she loses it (4th one) it didn`t cost a fortune. recomended for anyone who wants a phone to be a phone, not a computer.