Customer reviews

Platform: PlayStation2|Change

VINE VOICEon 1 September 2008
In the early 90's, when I had an Atari ST, Pipemania was a game where you helped a local plumber get the water from the tap to the drain, it was fun, fast-paced and overall I wasted hours on it. What a sad moment it was when I saw this from Empire.

I'm all for change - but this is no where as good, one level you even have to get a train from A to B: so where's the pipe there? It's all very kiddie too, with it's cute graphics - not that it's a bad thing, but I think they could have made it more grown up, like Tetris, as really this is a good game for everyone. The music isn't much cop either, but I think this is really been levelled at pre-school level.

This is really disappointing for a retro fan like me, I was hoping for some classic action on the PS2, with huge grids where I can wind pipes around me like nobody's business, but alas it's not to be. I write this review mainly to help like-minded people like me, who will sadly be disappointed.

If you have a child between the ages of 4-7 I recommend this- it's good fun and it teaches them skills like how to route pipes and hand-eye co-ordination.

Lets hope the next Pipemania revival caters for everyone, old and new players alike.