Customer reviews

on 17 March 2016
This pedal is warm, rich and just plain beautiful. Built like a tank and just so pretty. I have used digital delays before and gave up on them as they sounded too crisp, unnatural and clinical. This pedal is usable in every kind of music. It warms the whole sound with such a rich natural delay effect. I love this pedal. If I hadn't bought it I would buy it again. It is plainly superb.
on 14 May 2017
Great pedal great service!
on 30 June 2013
Good price from Amazon. Built like a brick outhouse with a (somewhat loud mechanically) footswitch, though not a problem as I play somewhat loud. Great analogue delay sound, augmented by subtle modulation when required. Haven't fiddled with the internal trim pots yet as the factory setup is fine for my requirements. Not at all harsh, as some digital delays can be. Sits nicely in my effects loop. Recommended.
on 28 March 2012
You probably have to go to a shop and try this out, or like me, have seen enough youtube vids so have taken the plunge a bought one blindly. I have not regretted this at all. I did my research and found that...

EHX Memory boy/toy - too complicated for a gig situation, a crowd doesn't want to see someone fiddling with knobs ;-)

Boss DD series - they're good, but do I want a pedal board that looks and sounds like everyone else

There's some expensive/better ones out there, but as a fan of analogue I'm very chuffed with what this little green machine can do.
on 22 December 2014
Not "bad" by any stretch of the imagination, solid build quality, gives a nice warm analogue sound, but didn't blow me away, I just found it to be very limited. The "regen" dial is pretty much useless after half volume. I've used better for a cheaper / similar price. If you are not an analogue snob try an Electro Harmonix or Boss.
on 3 December 2013
This delivers a really nice sounding and warm delay within certain parameters. However, the delay time does not stretch out to the totally pschedelic. Some of the live dub effects that I wanted to produce are simply not there - but fortunately I get those on my Boss Digital Delay. It's a shame as I had hoped that this would give me another route to produce deep and complex echo effects.

The tape-flutter button is quite good and that does give a vintage sound to the effect. This is a fine pedal for certain situations. It's really well built, the lighting system is clear on stage and the controls are easy and straightforward. But if you're looking for long delay times, this is not the unit.
on 3 September 2011
Quite simply a great sounding pedal and much warmer than the digital alternatives.

The power socket on the MXR pedals are slightly more recessed than most so I needed to get a short extension cable to allow it to be powered from my Boss PSU.
on 27 December 2013
I've had this pedal for about a year. All MXR pedals are great build quality, this has a nice thick metal housing. The knobs are hefty in design and feel - they really feel as if they could withstand you jumping on them. The stomp switch is solid and the LED indicators are incredibly bright. Also - the paint job is phenomenal.

In terms of sounds, this is quite dark and warm compared with any digital delays I've tried - that's why I bought it. I run a DD7 in the loop too and it's nice to have the contrast. The sound of your repeats alters depending on your settings on the pedal, something inherent in the design of an analog pedal. This pedal won't be for everybody, there's no tap delay, no particularly quirky effects (beyond the tape flutter, which adds a shimmery, chorus-sounding effect) - but if you want a pretty straight up pedal that's easy to operate, yet sounds amazing no matter what you set it at then this is very much worth a look.
on 15 August 2015
Fantastic pedal with a very warm sound. Perfect for ambient or post-rock.
on 7 May 2016
It is a good pedal BUT it needs a lot of batteries. Probably better just to buy a power cable for it.