Format: DVD|Change

on 19 April 2008
I probably would give the new series of Charlie and Lola 5 stars, and then knock 4 off for the fact that neither the packaging nor the other reviews on here mention that BOTH the characterful, expressive and charming voices'from the first series are gone. Charlie and Lola are now voiced by different people, and are not nearly as good. My two year old daughter seems to notice the difference, and not to enjoy these episodes as much as the originals.
on 14 May 2009
This one is one of my girls favorite so far. We own no 1, 2, 3 &5. Defiately worth buying.
on 19 February 2013
This was bought because it had 'I just love my shiny red shoes' which is the programme my duaghter really enjoyed on CBeebies and kept requesting to see it over and over again. So that was why we selected volume 7, although this is not the first Charlie and Lola dvd we have and probably will not be the last one we buy. My daughter loves Charlie and Lola and chooses to watch one story while waiting for her Daddy to come home most evenings from work. It has really helped her vocabulary and her imaginative play. When not watching or reading the books she will often incoroporate some of the scenes into her own play so thankfully I watch the stories alongside her so that I know what is 'real' or 'copying' in her play!!
on 9 April 2008
This is brilliant dvd my kids watch it regularly and also gives us lots of ideas and inspiration for our home ed projects!!! It is great for boys and girls and not irritating for parents to watch as some kids shows can be!!!
on 8 July 2008
To the reviewer who complains about the changed voices - the voices were done by kids and KIDS GROW UP. Would you rather the series continued with new voices, or that it stopped altogether? Personally, I'm glad we have more episodes of this lovely series. Though I would argue that this is all quite expensive for short discs, and about time the BBC released a more economical compilation.
on 20 April 2009
Bought this DVD for my Grandson he thinks its great .Keeps him quiet must be a good thing
on 7 October 2010
This two characters are funny and tender; children learn that good feelings and good manners are the best way to communicate with others and be happy. Voices, drawings and plot are excelent.
on 2 April 2014
Buy most of all my friends gifts and for family too
Great item and supper fast delivery. Best present seller ever. Cheers dale
on 1 November 2014
Brilliant. My two young grandsons watch it again and again, and are enthralled each time.