Fitbit Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Learn more

Customer reviews

Size: Large|Colour: Black|Change

on 4 June 2017
Arrived extremely quickly, exactly as described, good value, great service.
on 2 November 2016
Just as expected . What I was looking for .
on 27 June 2017
Nice tight fit, will be good for autumn.
on 20 October 2010
Excellent base layer. Fits nice and tight and wicks away sweat. Keeps you cool during the summer and keeps you warm if worn under anything else during the winter. I ordered the white and the only negative comment I can make is that it does look slightly see through and so would be careful as to what colour to buy. Otherwise, its great. Wouldn't bother spending any more on the more expensive base layers as this does the job.
on 6 February 2016
I ordered long sleeve not short even the picture shows long sleeve
on 10 December 2011
I was thinking the other day, this garment must represent about the best value for money I have ever spent. They are totally reliable for the purpose and just keep on going. I have two long sleeved and one short. I've had them about ten years. They have been on countless camping trips, fishing, snowboarding and hiking expeditions. When its cold in the winter I just wear them day to day under ordinary clothes for extra insulation. I've been doing a lot of winter running lately. They go on under a normal running top and a windproof shell and its perfect even in the Scottish December. They always keep me warm, dry and comfortable. After a decade they show no signs of wear other than the lettering fading on the washing label. They look exactly like they did when I bought them despite being washed at all sorts of temperatures with all sorts of other items. I can't think of anything else I have ever bought from curtains to a car that has kept doing the business for ten years with no signs of giving up. No bobbling, no loose seams. Its extraordinary. And they are pretty cheap.

There are thicker and warmer base layers available from HH and other manufacturers incorporating marino wool, silk and all sorts of luxury. But for me the point is flexibility. I'd rather wear more fine layers and remain flexible as to what I can take on and off. There is nothing to these but they give you that layer of extra insulation that covers most eventualities, and when it doesn't you can wear two.

Bloody marvellous base layer. So good you probably won't even realise as you never think about them. They are just always there doing what you bought them for.
on 28 June 2017
Delivered on time. Was delivered quickly and was exactly as pictured I find it very easy to operate and as commodity description. I am satisfied with it, I will recommend to friends! I absolutely love this product Fast deliver. product just as described. I have to remember this store, if need, I will come back again.
on 26 July 2016
All sizes just for kids
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 April 2015
I was on the lookout for an all round high performance base layer for use during all physical activities as a bottom layer during cooler months and the only upper layer during warmer months.

I wanted the shirt to have the properties of being as breathable, wicking, fast drying and comfortable as possible with longevity of course being a big plus too. Having had experience with different polyester tops I was never completely satisfied with their performance under strenuous activity and didn't find the tops I had to be all that comfortable either.

I stumbled across this polypropylene base layer and was sold on the properties of polypropylene, just hoping that this top would be a good, comfortable fit. Receiving the product I was instantly more than delighted. The fit was incredibly comfortable and by just looking at the weave I knew it would be up to its task. Filled with optimism I went out on a bike ride to test it out and really tried to build up a sweat as hard as I could, but I just couldn't. The moment I felt the tiniest bit of moisture appearing from under the base layer, it would almost immediately be wicked away. If I get caught out in the rain with this and the skies clear I take off the shirt, strain the water out of it, put it back on, and it will be bone dry within 20-30 minutes. I've had the top for almost a year now and it's showing no sign of giving up on me any time soon. Just what I was looking for!

In the cooler months I'll bundle this base layer with the long sleeve helly hansen top (also the dry variant) to add more insulation whilst retaining the excellent wicking performance I'm after. With this set up I stay bone dry and warm in temperatures as low as 5 degrees C as long as I keep moving. Impressive! Can't fault it.
on 24 May 2013
HH are the best non merino wool base layers around in my opinion.
I am a size M in most clothes. However, with HH I find that a size M is very tight fitting and a size L is close fitting without hugging the skin.
I would say that if you have a slim/skinny upper body go for your normal size. If you are muscular or broad than go a size larger.