on 11 April 2012
Owning a motorcycle meant that I was in desperate need of some reliable bungee hooks to strap packages to the rear seat. In the past I have stupidly gone for the cheap & cheerful route, only to find on reaching home one missing package and two missing or snapped bungees! So rather than repeat those events, I opted to spend a little more and trust the opinions of others here. And now I am very pleased that I did!

I have uploaded a few photos with this review. The first thing you'll notice is that they become in a plastic jar with a screw-top lid. There's also an instruction sheet (basically warning you of not to overload the hooks otherwise they will eventually fail). There are three sets of paired bungees in yellow, green & red. They also come in different lengths: 60mm, 80mm & 100mm.

Handling the straps was encouraging because they felt well-made. The hooks were rigid, as was the bungee cable itself. They were certainly more substantial than the cheap & cheerful set I bought a few weeks ago at least!

I have used the 80mm pair for my bike, and was pleasantly surprised how they gripped the package to the seat. So much so that I didn't have to feel behind me while riding to see if it was still there!

I also used another set to hold some packing boxes in place in the boot of my car. And again they did a great job: even going round sharp bends I couldn't hear anything sliding about in the boot.

Of course I cannot say how long they will last: it could be months, could even be years, depending on the load & frequency placed upon them. But I am very happy with the final result, and heartily recommend them for everyday regular use.

5/5
review image review image review image review image review image
11 Comment| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
 Bungee cords are great for strapping items to save from moving. I needed an extra set to use on my small foldaway truck to move gas canisters. As these are round, I feared that they may roll off, so got these to secure the bottle to the truck.

You get 3 different sizes, and cords of each size. The fabric is strong, and they stretch quite well and still feel safe. The bottle was secured by using 2 straps and did not move, so they worked as intended. The remainder I use at home for keeping items against the wall in the garage and outside to keep larger tools and items safe and secure.

They come in a nice plastic case, but was disappointed to find that the ends are not attached to the cord. I would have thought it better to have them permanently fixed to the cord, as I find it annoying that each time I use one, I have to thread and position the cord in the metal hook before using them.

I like these cords, but securing the ends to the cord would have been better in my opinion.
I work as a new car delivery driver and quite often the new cars have dark privacy glass at the rear. This means that any trade plates placed in the back window cannot be seen by police or speed cameras and would therefore be illegal. Because of this I have found that two 80cm bungees hooked together and wrapped round the tailgate of the car, allowing the plate to be on the outside of the car is ideal.

The other two sizes are 60cm and 100cm and are in different colours so you can tell them apart without stretching out each one. They come in a plastic jar with a twist top and can be left inside when not being used. For the price that are excellent value and much stronger than the thinner ones being sold for a higher price.
11 Comment| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 July 2017
6x Lengths of bungees, 3x different lengths. Price was ok, delivery was prompt. The bungees are of medium standard: I have thicker stronger ones than this already, but these appear to be strong enough for general domestic or camping uses. They come in a plastic tamper proof jar, which is a touch unnecessary, as after 5 mins wrangling with the jar to open it, I ended up prising it open with a screwdriver, and jabbing a lump of skin out of my hand. I advise sticking the jar directly into your recycling bin, as it's a nusiance to attempt to remove one bungee, and they all come out hooked to one another.
on 21 May 2013
I used these bungee cords to secure various size boxes on a house move recently and they really made the job of moving a heck of a lot easier. I really liked the mixed lengths which allowed me to secure uneven loads easily. Just a word of caution though, if you are a first time user of bungee cords, as I was, please take extra care as they can cause very serious injury if they accidentally slip loose.
on 25 June 2017
Good quality and size selection. The clips are strong too no light weight bending with this set.
on 16 March 2013
Strong, flexible, great for securing items in a trailer, the fittings are strong and well made, will last a lot longer than cheaper versions, different sizes as well which is useful for bigger items. They are so strong that I folded a double mattress in half and used the bungee to hold the mattress together, did it with ease which made it so much easier to move.
on 22 June 2017
Being used as twin defence to stop little hands getting in to draws... Works well
on 24 June 2017
As described - I've now used them for well over 500 miles of biking with no issues. Cords are tight with strong metal hooks.
on 22 June 2017
Very strong bungee cords. Perfect for holding things in a basket.