on 18 October 2011
I'm a computer engineer and spend my working life visiting clients at their workstations. The only way I can keep my reading glasses with me is on elastic round my neck. I've been through many reading glasses as they inevitably get mangled by my seat belt. These appear to have the flexibility to cope - I've been using them for 2 months now, something of a record. OK, the optics are not first rate, but not defective in any way, and what are you expecting for a couple of quid? I can also echo previous comments about falling asleep while reading - not only do they survive, but they are comfortable enough not to wake me up. I will buy more when eventually they are lost/eaten by my pet tortoise/catch fire/run away with a teaspoon and live out a long and fruitful life on Tahiti.
on 24 February 2013
This was my third pair of these glasses in about 2 years. Not because the others had broken, but because I lost each of them in turn. I had used them every day, and loved their lightness and clarity. They certainly flexed as expected, and even creaked occasionally, but never broke. I found their optical quality as good as any other off the shelf ones I had ever had, some at 5 times the cost, and even a pair of prescription glasses.

Consequently I didn't hesitate to order a replacement pair. Unfortunately I found the hinges very stiff, and within a day one of the arms had snapped off. So having arranged a refund from Amazon I re-ordered another pair. I was quite annoyed to find this new pair had one badly scratched lens. So again contacted Amazon. I must say that they had a replacement set to me by the next morning, which proved to be 100% OK.

If I had not had these quality issues I would probably have rated them 5 star.
on 25 April 2010
Cannot understand anyone critiscising this item, they are being unreasonable, for four pounds you get a serviceable pair of reading glasses and for those who read in bed they are perfect, their flexibility allowing you to rest your head on the pillow and continue reading comfortably whilst wearing glasses,quality is perfectly ok for this.
A boon AND a bargain.
Cannot for the life of me understand the expectations of those who rate this item low.
on 2 September 2014
I've liked these for a while (9pairs) and are ideal for the office / computer when you need to wear something for a length of time. They are flexible so don't break if they fall off your head but are not very robust when constantly moving them onto your head and back onto your nose - the flexing affects the screwed joints eventually. One of my solutions was to buy some the same colour and canibalise the ones I managed to break! :)
Having never needing to wear glasses, and having noticed I was struggling to read small print and my eyes beginning to water after prolonged periods in front of my pc screens at work, I booked an eye test at Specsavers. I was diagnosed as being slightly long sighted and issued with a prescription for +1.50 in each lens. I was then directed to the range of frames (priced between £80 and £150 on 'offer' with buy 1 get 1 free). As I was about to place an order for £130, I thought I'd just check on my phone if Amazon actually sold reading glasses...... and boy I'm glad I did.

The Sunoptics R69's are astoundingly good value for money. I'm wearing them as I type this review; they're very light weight as the frame and lenses are constructed from plastic. There's are certain amount of flexibility in the frame, and most importantly - they do the job they're intended to - improve my vision. The provided carry case is only soft plastic but will protect the lenses from becoming scratched when carrying them in your pocket, so another good point there.

I'm so impressed with these I've ordered two pairs of the Sunoptics OR51's which are semi-frameless and are of metal construction, a little more expensive at £5.74..... and I'll leave a review on those shortly.

So, to conclude. Brilliant value, practical, comfortable and do the job. Highly recommended.
on 6 November 2012
They may as well be made of paper, metal screws in to soft plastic, not a good combination,, wouldnt buy them again,
They dont really flex, just fall to pieces instead.. Buy a tube of super glue when you purchase these,, you'll need it..
on 28 February 2014
Bought 2 pair of these glasses in mid November. In January one of the arms fell off the pair I had been using and I could not find the screw to fix them. I got out the second pair and started using them and now at the end of February the exact same thing has happened.

I only use them while I am on my computer and have in no way been abused. I will use the 2 broken pairs to make one working pair but as they will probably only last until sometime in April I am now looking for a sturdier pair.

Please avoid these sub-standard glasses
on 17 April 2014
Cheap. Flimsy. Fragile. Clear. Broke at hinge after 2 days use. Worked OK for that time, on cord round my neck. No undue stress applied, no reason for breaking. I'll know better next time and check out options more thoroughly.
on 12 April 2016
These are great for the price. Because they are unisex you can ware them at the end of your nose if you are longsighted. They look reasonably well made and l find the frameless look quite flattering. The lenses are good as you can focus well. I like the style and think they will flatter most face shapes. They are quite lightweight so you can forget that you are waring them. I've no idea how long they will last. Time will tell. For that price however I'm not worried.
on 20 October 2012
Unfortunately these didn't work for me. First pair fell to pieces within days. Replacement fell to pieces within two weeks. No problem with Amazon replacement and then refund. I've bought some more metal framed ones from SunOptic, which I've had before and have been fine for years.