Colour: Brown|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 August 2014
Wow! I am really pleased with the results of this on my eyebrows! They look completely natural, just a touch darker than they did, as I have a few grey hairs mixed in now a days.

I should point out that I am not into artificial anything really (apart from my hair colour). I don't do artifical nails, eyelashes, tan etc. I also don't wear a lot of make up. I am almost 50 now, and over the last few years I have noticed a few grey/silver hairs appearing in my eyebrows. Many years ago I used to tint my eyelashes, and recently I decided to have another go. I am very ill, and unfortunately I do look ill, so I thought it might be nice to enhance my lashes a little bit, for the days when I don't wear mascara. I decided to buy the Refectocil kit for that. I have been so pleased with the results, that I decided to try this colour for my eyebrows.

This is the first time I have ever tinted my eyebrows. I have no salon waxing or threading or anything. I just pluck them myself, so they do look very natural. I was a bit worried about the colour of the mix, as it was a light toffee brown, and my eyebrows are a very dark brown, but I shouldn't have worried, as they have come out exactly the same colour as my natural colour. For some reason, they look more tidy now as well! I left the tint on for 5 minutes. It was a really quick process, not messy, no stinging or irriration, and my brows look better than they have done in years! I am delighted!
on 14 March 2011
After having dyed my eyebrows for more than 20 years I have been through a good deal of brands and definitely find this to be the best. Please remember that for it to work you need to mix it with the REFECTOCIL EYELASH TINT OXIDANT LIQUID, which can also be bought on Amazon. Both products come separately but one will not work without the other so pretty essential! You will also need a mixing cup, but you can use whatever you have at home, as long as its very small (I use an old contact lens holder; the flat type with two holders next to each other). The tint cream luckily comes with a little mixing stick, but a match etc would be fine too. I normally mix about 1cm cream with about 10 drops of oxidant liquid, which is more than enough for eyebrows only, and it works a treat. It takes me about 2 years to get through the tint cream + oxidant liquid so I save a lot of money. I started out using the full (small) kits you can buy in pharmacies etc, but after I tried these products I have never looked back. Using Refectocil is far more cost efficient and a better, more 'professional' product too. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.
on 1 September 2012
My very pale brows were made visible again -without looking too dark against my mid blonde hair. 1cm of this with 5 drops of developer. Brush though and remove in 5 mins. Job done for 3 weeks. Saves using brow pencil every morning.
on 25 April 2015
The only criticism I have is, not enough is said in the advert about buying the activation oxidant. It won't work without it.
But this product works very well, I used it for my beard, and the effect is good. I will buy this again anytime.

Just for Men gave me a bad reaction, so itchy it made me scratch myself. Not so with this!
on 24 April 2012
Finding an eyebrow tint in grey has transformed my brows, which had grown so light as to be practically invisible. Very easy to use (I mix it with the liquid, but you can use the cream instead) and they're done in about 10 minutes. Also, on eyebrows at least, you don't need to shield the surrounding skin with vaseline or similar - it doesn't stain your skin. For beginners, see the videos on YouTube.
on 3 April 2013
The graphite colour is perfect for blondes, it's not too intrusive and it goes well with my light blonde hair. I only wanted a slight tinting on my eyebrows, so initially, I applied it for only about a minute, but then I reapplied it and left it longer to get a bit darker tint - it came out perfect! I would recommend multiple applications for those who only want a slight tint, as it's better to reapply and darken to a desired shade than it is to deal with too dark eyebrows. My eyelashes got this nice dark shade that I wanted after leaving the tint on for about 8-10 minutes. The tint gets darker as it dries out, so don't worry about its very light graphite colour at first; it gets very close to black with time, so leave it on until the desired shade. I didn't get any uncomfortable or stinging feeling at all untill I started washing it off with a cotton pad. A bit got into my eye and it stung slightly, but the feeling quickly went away, so no complaints about that.
I used the tint with a tint developer from a different company, as it was a lot cheaper than the Refectocil make and it worked well. The reason it didn't get full 5-star rating is because it doesn't come with all the things needed and they have to be purchased seperately (developer, brush, mixing container, pads). I used vaseline and cotton pads cut in halves as my eye protection pads and a small glass container for mixing the paste. Also, I found an old (clean!) mascara wand a lot more convenient and comfortable for apply the tint than the mixing stick that came with the tint, but I guess it's a matter of preference.
All in all, I'm pleased with this product and I will definitely use it again! No more overpriced salon visits!
on 13 June 2012
I have light blonde eyebrows and mid mousey brown hair colour. I wanted to tint my eyebrows because I use a lot of eyebrow pencil when doing makeup to try to match my hair.
I applied the dye as recommended and saw pretty much no effect. I put it on again and left it for quite a while, probably 30-40 mins. Again, no noticeable difference. I thought the colour might take a while to develop so I waited an hour or so. They still didn't really look any different so I put the dye on one more time, left it for about 40 mins, washed off and then gave up. They did go slightly darker but not quite the colour I wanted. I think I should get the darker shade of brown!
on 8 July 2016
All my friends and me myself using this brand for ages -- isn't the best recommendation? I am always mixing two colours ( natural brown and black ) as I am silver blonde, and I do not want too black eyebrows and lashes. Works within couple minutes, but I guess depends on your skin. Best using after your face being washed, to avoid face being oily. 1 package might last you one year or even longer, as you do not squeeze too much. Eyebrows and eyelashes lasts for 3-4weeks, but I use it more often. Again, really pleased with this product.
on 18 October 2014
Excellent product. It turned my black eyebrows to a blonde colour. Exactly what I wanted.

BUT if you want it to work, you MUST buy the Refectocil Oxidant liquid developer with it, otherwise it will not work !!!
on 21 April 2016
Product is fine and applies/lasts well. I purchased blue/black, but do prefer black for a more dramatic effect, but both work well on my dark lashes, making them more noticeable at the tips.
This is a professional eyelash dye; if you are not used to doing so, its probably not the easiest thing to apply to yourself at home, especially with the plastic wand provided.
I have used this product and others before but I'm not a beautician. I ordered the dye and liquid activator but the cream activator is probably easier to use due to consistency and reduces any liquid run in to your delicate eyes! Please be careful!
PLEASE NOTE that the instruction leaflet is not in English, everything but!
The directions can be found online (I personally use 2cm dye/10 drops of activator liquid but as stated, I'm not a beautician).
All in all, this saves me a fortune and purchasing the products cost less than one trip to the salon!