Customer reviews

Agralan M651 Plum Fruit Moth Trap
Package Quantity: 1|Style: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£7.40+ Free shipping

on 18 May 2015
Easy to use and set up: currently 3 stars and awaiting details on the amount of male fruit moths captured (see UPDATE). The female scent is a rubber plug (much like an eraser on the top of some pencils). Place in centre of card and placed on tree in the middle of May 2015. Used string to tie onto study branch as the hanger is similar to a metal clothes hanger, so would damage the bark. My Plum tree is full of immature plums and approximately 30% of last years crop was infested with small green grubs. Used sticky stem wraps in the winter (Nov 2014-May2015) : little late I know to capture wingless female moths)) and followed up with this to capture the males. We report on capture rate later hence the 3 stars. UPDATE: Trap used between May-October 2015 and seemed to work effectively (see photo). Very good crop and no plum month infestation. Combined with Grease band between October 2014-May 2015. Increased to 4 stars after use in the field (one mature only). - urban environment
review image review image
on 5 November 2016
They did help a bit not not entirely. It may be that we did not start treating our trees soon enough, as we have had problems for a couple of years now where the plums are quite maggotty. After internet research I tried a two pronged approach - putting sticky gummy stuff around the bottom of the trunks to keep them from getting up in the first place and this moth trap. I know it did help as both the traps I used had large quantities of dead small moths in them but the fruit still had maggots. I think I will try a trap per tree next year instead of one between the two.
on 15 July 2015
I used these regularly at my previous home where I had a number of plum trees. I planted two container plums and a damson two years ago here in Wiltshire and they are coming into full yield this year. We're fairly rural and I don't know of any other plum trees around, so I wondered if traps were necessary. I'm amazed at the success of them and have got to change the stickies now as there's hardly any room for more moths - where they're coming from I don't know. Traps are definite winners.
on 23 October 2015
I bought one last year and, for once, have had a good crop of plums with hardly any infested with grubs. The only caveat I would make is to hang it out earlier than suggested on the packet. I hung mine in fairly early May and it worked better than on a previous occasion when I think I hung it up after the damage had been done. This year I intend to combine it with a natural, harmless winter-wash and I'm I'll have no bugs at all next year.
on 12 June 2016
Seems to work! Keep fruit moths off your plums :-) Hangs in the tree. A hormone (which comes in the kit) attracts the moth into the trap which then sticks to the sticky floor. Comes with two hormone capsules and two sticky floors so will last for 10 weeks throughout the moth season.
on 22 October 2014
I've waited this long to see if it worked. This year, the first time ever, we were able to eat the plums and had a wonderful crop. I will be using the trap again next year!
on 1 April 2015
This has the Lynx Effect, but instead of targeting the human female it targets the male plum fruit moth. I suspect with more success than Lynx as proven by the many moths lured to a sticky end by the carefully targeted pheromones. We used one last season and had a noticeable improvement in our plum : worm ratio, so much so that we have ordered a refill for this year.
on 19 August 2017
Caught hundreds of moths unfortunately a bad year for plums so unlike last year when the tree was laden, this
year the few it had fell off. Will use the moth trap again next year though.
on 11 September 2017
My plums were perfect after using this. Last year (without) they were full of grubs. Yuk. I'll definitely use again.
on 5 July 2017
Did exactly what I wanted, will buy again! Caught the moths, so hopefully when I eat the plums, no more caterpillars!