Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Morrissey Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Ski Boot Shin Protection Gel Pads
Price:£29.99+ Free shipping

on 1 May 2017
Perfect and timely shipping.
Last two years I've been skiing for one full week per year with my son.
Suffering from painful blisters on both shins after first three days and a bit happy the week was over.
Decided two things: take some ski lessons and buy this product.
This winter I did both and ended the full week with no blisters and looking forward to the next week skiing with my son.
on 5 April 2017
These really helped, you need to shave the area of contact so they stick properly otherwise they drop off. Could have a bit more thickness to help cushion but I was able to ski for 3 days without pain for the 1st time ever. Andy
on 4 April 2017
Too thin and do not stick. More about membrane than a protection pad
on 12 March 2017
Suffered badly last year with chafing the skin off my left shin on the inside of the boots. Very painful for the last few days skiing! No problem this year after using the Gel Pads. They certainly worked for me.
on 5 February 2011
I found that these gel pads do not stay in place due to natural sweating from legs inside socks and ski boots. Each time both creased and slid up my leg into a lump which caused more pressure on my shins in side the boot. They were saturated in sweat after use. The sticky surface is not sticky enough. I would not buy again & feel they did not live up to their purpose efficiently.
on 9 April 2012
I suffered for years with shins that would turn into pizzas literally within the first hour of any skiing and then leave me in agony for the rest of the holiday. I tried all sorts of boots and other remedies including wearing tights. Nothing worked. I bought a pair of ski angels and they have stopped the problem dead and transformed my skiing experience from self inflicted torture to pain free.
I shave my shins before I apply them so that I get a good adherenece with the gel backing. They are then held in place by a long pair of ski socks. After a days skiing, the shin undrneath is white from the lack of oxygen (like when you remove a plaster) but clears up ok after a bit. You want to remove them as soon as possible after you finish skiing to give your shins the most amount of time to recover. I can imagine that some people's shins may react badly to this but I have never had a problem with it. You probably would not want to wear them over an open wound or graze. I wash them every few days as well. If, like me, you have suffered from the pain related to skiiing with damaged shins, then I would give them a go and see if they work for you like they do for me.
on 9 April 2016
I purchased these for my husband who after years of skiing has endured broken skin on his shins..which in Februay had removed all of his skin. He thought these would be a gimmick...therefore I didn't tell him I had bought them until the day he went. He has just returned from Tignes...and he said in all the years we have been married it's the best thing I have bought him.....
Shins totally intact...comfortable skiing. Fantastic Product..only wish he had know about these years ago.
Additionally they fit amazingly.
on 24 January 2015
Fantastic item, my husband and I have both had problems with shin pain from are ski boots for years. A friend said get ski Angels. Thay have transformed our skiing and we can enjoy the slopes with no pain. Sadly for me it means I have no excuse to go of the slopes when I have pain as I don't have any lol :)) we would highly recommend
on 19 October 2010
My daughter and I have both used these for the last 2 years - they are simply fantastic! I had a shin problem after surgery and some swelling - no problem with the ski angel in place. Also, my daughter can NEVER find a comfy pair of boots no matter how much she pays! - with ski angels as soon as she felt discomfort she slipped the angel into place and it totally resolved the problem. We now never ski without them. The ski angel can literally avoid having to buy a new pair of boots!
on 5 February 2017
Fantastic for anyone with shin problems when ski-ING. Due to old injury I used to develop an egg size lump on my shins after skiing and it prevented me being able to continue - these prevent this entirely.

See one answered question