on 2 August 2008
Guys this is the best Heep album in years.The production on album is superb and sound quality is excellent and begs to be played loud.The band have never sounded better and this album is a rocker with heavy guitars from Mick Box and equally heavy keyboards from Phil Lanzon.Bernie Shaw is back on vocals and handles the song with ease,This lad can sing hes been blessed with powerful pipes just listen.The songs on album are of generally up tempo heavy rock feel and you can tell the band took there time in making this feast of musical delight.I have a large collection of Uriah Heep albums from the Veary Eavy,Salsbury days to Raging Silence,Sea Of Light works and Wake The Sleeper takes its place as one hell of a great album.The stops have been pulled out here and you can just hear the class of this brilliant offering,the guys might be in there 50s but they can show the youngsters how to do it and do it well.I highly recommend this album for your collection you will love it.Hope review is of help to you.
Please check out my other reviews you might find something of interest.
on 10 July 2014
The best Heep album since High and Mighty and 32 years in the making, 38 in my case as I waited another six before taking the plunge, probably due to the poor quality they have been releasing since 76 and I own a few of those.

Well worth the wait though as not a bad track on the album.
on 30 March 2013
This is a great album and equal to anything they have produced before, but with a harder edge. No filler tracks here, just essence of brilliance.

I have only seen the Heep once and that was recently in Frome and it was a master class on how it's done, I just wished they played "What Kind Of God", blows me away.
on 23 August 2014
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 June 2008
The new album by Heep is simply put "Awesome".

With each play, it just gets better and better, what an album to release on this, their 38th year as a band.

Every song is a gem, the artwork is fantastic and looks especially good on the vinyl release.

Buy it, you will love it.....
on 2 September 2014
Disappointing - and I'm a fan.
on 17 July 2008
I have to confess that I haven't heard anything from Heep since '82s superb 'Abominog' and my initial impression was that it equalled 'nog' as far as quality of musicianship. However, agreeing with a previous review, it took about three listens to really appreciate how excellent this CD is; the guitar and keyboards gel beautifully, a sound rarely heard nowadays and there is a great variety of music between each of the tracks. No, its not Demons and Wizards, (how many of the great 70s bands have repeated the classics of old?). But this is better than I would of ever expected and its 'eavy, well done Heep.
on 15 July 2008
When I first heard this album I thought 4 stars but the more I listen to it (on my MP3 player in the gym) the more I realise how great it really is. The songs,vocals and musicianship are all terrific. Fans of Uriah Heep and heavy melodic rock will not be disappointed. Go out and buy it!
on 9 June 2008
I'm surprised to be the first to review this on its day of release - I hope there are many more.
Well, it's been 10 long years since a new Uriah Heep CD landed on my doorstep. So, at the end of a hot English summer's day, what a pleasure to just sit in the dark and simply LISTEN to this new CD. I haven't done that to a new CD for long time. Fantastic ! The last Heep CD, Sonic Origami, is also superb but apart from the first 2 tracks lacked enough heaviness that I feel Heep are really about. All corrected here....Mick Box's guitar is at last well upfront, and the whole 'crunch' factor is far greater than possibly anything they have done. It's sad Lee Kerslake had to leave the drumstool but with his arthritis I thought he would have gone some years ago.The whole band excel themselves on this album.
This summer sees a lot of great new CDs from classic rock acts and with more to come: Alice Cooper, Whitesnake, Nazareth, Def Leppard, Journey, Asia, 3 Doors Down, Judas Priest, Glenn Hughes. I have enjoyed all of them so far, but this is the best. It will sell far fewer than Whitesnake or Def Leppard which is a travesty. Go and get this now. The whole album is superb. Well done guys !!
66 Comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 September 2009
No padding, no weak tracks and all round excellent! Would have made 5 stars if it had a little more variation but that is nit-picking. Good, powerful work and well worth buying as soon as you can.