on 31 May 2011
Comparing directly to my Kitchen Craft knife, it has a slightly more comfortable handle, PLUS......the added bonus, for me.....it is also dishwasher safe!

* KUHN RIKON: Switzerland embossed
* Paring Knife - COLORI® - The Handy All-Purpose Knife
* High Carbon Japanese Stainless Steel Blade

COLOUR: PURPLE

Does exactly what it says on the pack:-

* Slices slide right off non-stick blade

and this is not an understatement - as with all knives, mind the fingers - especially getting this little gem out of the blister pack in the first instance!
I would recommend cutting along the bottom of the pack and letting it drop down.

All sizes approximate, based on my own knife:-

Measuring in c 19 cm overall length, this rigid knife has a 9 cm handle with comfortable handle of around 2 cm width, with slight indentation at the blade end.
The blade is 9 cm long, 2 cm at handle end with a coloured non-stick coating, tapering into a seriously pointed tip.

It comes complete with its own sturdy vented storage blade cover making it safe in the drawer or in the picnic basket.
Easy to find, this colourful little knife makes very light work of slicing my Granny Smiths and chopping those chunky carrots.

From the instruction card supplied:-

'Paring Knife Colori's® high carbon Japanese stainless steel blade means a super sharp edge and long-lasting performance. The non-stick coating ensures foods will release from the blade making each cut easier and neater.
Made in China.'

Currently also available in a rainbow of colours, including:-

PERIWINKLE
GREEN
BLUE
BLACK
RED
ORANGE
YELLOW
review image review image review image
I absolutey love these knives - they look cool, come with a handy sheath that keeps the blade clean and safe, and they're so cheap I've bought a load so I never have to wash them.

Gone are the days of making a sandwich and cursing because the knife you need to cut it with, is sitting in the dishwasher tray with hardened lasagne stuck to it. I have a draw full of these little beauties which I just dip into as and when is needed, and then plonk in the dishwasher to await the next cycle.

They are awesome. The blades are crisp and sharp and stay that way - and they're coated with a non stick surface with a 20 degree edge so that when you cut, the food just slips away and doesn't stick to the blades.

The sheaths are a strong plastic and the kinives just slide in and out with ease, yet are held firmly in place by a cleverly designed mechanism, too. I have a set of Sabatier kitchen knives that I spent a fortune on and which sit on my work surface gathering dust - because now I just use my little team of Khun Rikon knives time and time again.

Throughout the centuries Knives have proved themselves to be man's handiest tool and you can't get a handier knife than these Khun Rikon ones - I have a selection of different blades too, some with a serated edges which are great for cutting toasties in two. Mmmmmm - toasties...

Plus they're easy to find in the draw beacause of the bright colours they come in, so no more digging around searching for your favourite knife. These fun and funky kitchen knives come highyly recommended by me. Forget global, forget Sebatier - Khun Rikon knives are where it's at! A+ or 10/10
on 8 June 2013
This is a repeat buy, as my husband through it out by mistake, along with some other rubbish. I used it all the time as my personal paring knife - I eat lots of fruit. This one is for my lunch box. The knives in our dining room at work are dreadful. It's avery useful little tool. Am now thinking of buying other knives in this range.
on 20 February 2013
Yes a purple knife! This one was for a friend. I had bought one for myself some time ago and am so pleased with it I thought it would make a good gift. Great product - it is VERY sharp! In fact - it's the sharpest kinife in the box!
on 2 June 2014
I have been using an ordinary paring knife for salads that I have every day. It did the job but with a certain amount of effort. This knife is a better size (slightly larger) and has a good sharp blade. It makes everything easier!. I highly recommend it and I'm actually thinking about getting another one.
on 23 February 2013
My partner and I bought the Taylor Eye Witness knife block because it looked really cool. After about 2 weeks the knives were blunt and we were disappointed so decided to give this Kuhn Rikon knife a go since it was a fiver.

It's probably the best fiver I've ever spent on a kitchen utensil. It cuts effortlessly into thick skinned fruit and veg. It looks pretty funky and obviously its sheath is a big advantage.

Since using this knife, I've bought 2 differeny styles of knife from Kuhn Rikon and they have been just as good.

We've used all of these for about 4 months now with no fading to the colour (although we don't own a dishwasher) and I have only sharpened it twice with a cheap sharpening block I bought from ebay and they are still great.

I would say that you will not get a better pairing knife than this for 10x the price. The value for money is unbelievable.
on 25 April 2015
The phrase "Like a knife through butter" certainly applies here. The toughest vegetable I prepare is a swede, which this knife cuts through so easily. Be very careful with it though, it's very sharp - mind your fingers! The non-stick coating is effective, as described. Recommended.
on 17 November 2012
I bought a whole set of these knives and absolutely love them! Aside from looking pretty, they stay very sharp (we've had them almost 6 months now and they still haven't needed sharpening) and are comfortable to use. Highly recommend them.
on 7 November 2015
Practical to take to work safely for lunch time, as well as use it at home, of course. The blade is quite good. In addition, it gives some colour to your kitchen. Not only I recommend it, as I will buy more related items soon.
on 12 January 2013
I have bought three of these over time. I'm sure i will buy more in time!
They are very sharp - as i found out! I use them in the kitchen but also take to work to make my salad up freshly. They are also fantastic for taking in a picnic, festivals, camping etc where you need a kitchen knife and because of the guard its really safe to transport. The lighter coloured ones are easier to find when camping!