Customer reviews

Size: 4 Pack|Change

on 30 January 2010
These plugs are really good. It's a nice touch that the two screws to hold the wire in are on opposite sides as it makes it more firm and less easy to come loose.
11 Comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 August 2013
They are well made and easy to fit. There are double screws per plug and they are a good size, so not fiddly. I have bought four sets, some for home and some for the local music society.

Some reviewers have found them difficult or impossible to plug in. Ye-ss, so did I, until I spotted the trick. They are very snug, but you don't actually need to force them ... if you compress the end springs with your finger-ends the first time, they go in, tightly but without forcing. You only have to do it the first time -- they go in straight away next time, but still with a good firm fit.

I have not knocked any stars off for this, because (having found the trick) I have very good and inexpensive plugs that are easy to wire up securely and that fit firmly with a solid contact and with no subsequent difficulty. I'd rather have these than plugs that go loose, or alternatively, that cost a lot more!
on 30 July 2010
Great price, great quality, easy to use and a fab price.
Used them to replace plugs that were four times the price.
on 15 September 2016
Nothing fancy, but excellent fit and finish. I bought this for my office system (Marantz AMP1 and Kef LS50). Good tight fit. As previous reviewers have noted, two screws per plug, on opposite sides. That really nice.
review image
on 1 May 2013
Arrived promptly, neatly packaged and in good condition. They are relatively easy to fix to the cables although you'll need to crimp the wire back further than usual to allow for the twin fixing. The upside is that the two grub screws to hold the plug to the wire mean the result is nice and secure. The one part that isn't "easy fit" is pushing the plug into the socket. It takes a bit of effort and I at least worried I might break something. Result should be a snug fit but at a cost of a bit of anxiety. So be warned.
on 7 March 2013
I've seen a few banana plugs in my time, but whoever designed this should be given a medal.

Firstly, you don't have to remember to feed the colour cover first through the wire, you can add it afterwards via a screw in type of cover. Secondly there is not one but two screw which hold in the wire securely. Bottom line is these are the cheapest and the best banana plugs I've ever used. Additionally with this design there is virtually no risk of the wires touching because of freyed ends (which I've seen with much more expensive ones).

Bottom line, I think these are genuinely perfect, there is nothing I could change with these and would recommend.
on 11 March 2013
These are excellent with twin screws that grip the cable well and robust and well made plugs (and for goodness sake don't fall for the audio voodoo that you need to spend a fortune on cable - £10 will get you more than adequate cable - just search the reviews on Amazon). One proviso is that they are initially a tight fit in the sockets on both speakers and amplifier. I thought at first they would not fit, but persevere and push hard and they go in and subsequently are much easier to remove and refit. Instructions to this effect would have been useful as at first I thought I had the wrong diameter plugs.
on 6 March 2013
Being a hi-fi purist, I usually connect my speakers using bare wire directly to the the binding posts. However, for convenience, I decided to try these "Easy-fix" banana plugs. For the price, I found them to be VERY well made and finished, the "double screw" fixing made fitting easy, as well as very secure, the two grub screws being of good quality, and the actual pin design makes for a good tight fit into the speaker terminals.
All in all a quality product at a bargain price, and most importantly for me, they don't appear degrade sound quality.
on 21 August 2014
The screw fixing makes this an excellent way of adapting speaker wire from bare cable connection to socket. Bought 2 packs, so I've go some spare.

NOTE: They don't fit into Onkyo systems, but do into Sony AV receivers.
on 20 January 2015
Being an audiophile for well over 30 years, I have generally used bare wire connections from
amplifier to speakers, being of the opinion that this was the best way of ensuring the good
sound quality from my system. However, having tried the Fisual Easy Fix banana plugs, I have
had to reassess my opinion. From a sound quality point of view, there is no discernible loss of
sound quality, in fact there seems to be a little more detail coming through, and vocals are
clearer and overall the sound is cleaner. The plugs themselves are very well made and finished
with two robust offset grub screws which allow you to really tighten the cable, which is most
important to achieve the best from these plugs, and they fit snugly into speaker/amp terminals
without too much effort. Elaborate and absurdly expensive plugs are simply unnecessary, the
Fisuals just do the job of providing a reliable connection while not impinging on sound quality.
For the price, these plugs are true value for money and speed of delivery is first class, in
conclusion, buy with confidence, you will not be disappointed.