on 1 September 2011
Really good game, really cheap price, really fast delivery. Overall: really happy with this product. Highly recommended. A good buy. Do it!
on 1 July 2009
I was disappointed. After all the hype - Rod Humble turning up in The Sims 2 Apartment Life with a computer game to "dazzle and amaze" - the game when it finally arrived turned out to be very pedestrian. The fun in The Sims 2 is being god of several neighbourhoods, controlling the lives of hundreds of sims, with all their interactions. In Sims 3 you control only one family, and the range of interactions is that much narrower. I admit I have not fully explored the game - I got bored and went back to Sims 2. Possibly I have not done it justice.
4 people found this helpful
on 5 September 2011
Great game. Kept my 11 year old boy very happy as it's creative with lots of options and different settings so the solutions are endless.
on 17 August 2010
Bought this for my son who is thoroughly enjoying using it. Lots of different things for him to do and ways he can develop characters. Good value!
on 20 March 2010
Sims 3 buyer be aware if the copy you receive is like mine a U.S version you cannot use The Sims 3 Worlds Aventure Expansion pack English version as they are not compatable as they have different region codes
One person found this helpful
on 6 January 2011
For about a week I got up halfway through the day, grabbed my laptop and started playing this until late at night. I did nothing else and could NOT tear myself away. The only reason I'm able to write this review and do normal stuff like eat, drink and sleep is because my laptop broke. :( And just before my Sim got married, too!

Even without an expansion pack to its name, The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD) is a huge game. Enormous. There are so many options, so many paths and customizing features that it blows your mind. Despite killing off two of my three Sims within Sim days of each other, I brought one back as a ghost, and the other will soon be making a reappearance too! Be warned: DON'T TRAP SIMS IN THEIR BEDS SO THEY STARVE TO DEATH AND GO INSANE OR LET THEM DROWN! It's not a good idea at all.

The 'BUILD' and 'BUY' modes are excellent, and let you customize your entire house. My Sims' house went from one a one story, tiny little thing with a ridiculous roof to a two-story, three bedroomed place that blended well with its surroundings, and I'm just beginning to upgrade the furniture. (Don't buy un-furnished houses - you'll forget the shower, spend all your money, then have to lug the whole family out to the gym when they start to stink!)

The Create-a-Sim is amazing! With virtually unlimited options for your hair colour, eyes, nose, face, body... you can make your Sim as lifelike and loyal or as crazy and imaginative as you desire. (I'm sure if they watch too much TV you could give them square eyes, but I'd have to check...) You can customize clothes colours in create-a-Style, and, once I've figured out how, make your own styles. Same for the wallpaper, carpets, EVERYTHING! Your creativity isn't just limited to your house though, you can do all sorts with the town, too! I still have to experiment a bit, but my little town is going to get really shaken up!

Gameplay is excellent - trying to eradicate bad moodlets and bring good ones in is a challenge, and when you've done that, try tackling some of the wishes these Sims come up with! From simple things like buying a chair or staying out after curfew, to becoming big-shots at politics and having children, to the huge LIFETIME WISHES which include "Become a creature-robot cross-breeder - reach level nine in the science career track", "Surrounded by family - raise five children from birth to teens" and "Professional author - earn $4,000 simoleons a week from royalties.". Then having to accommodate keeping up your grades and getting promotions and raises at work and you've got handfuls of stuff to keep you busy!

I've had absolutely no problems at all, except for the fact my laptop broke, but that wasn't anything to do with the game, that was just the power cable dying on me. Sometimes it moves a little slow, granted, and sticks a little, and saving times a lifetime, but it's never crashed of its own accord, unless you count my laptop running out of power TWICE in the middle of a game! This isn't the game's fault though - my laptop's lead is VERY unreliable.

This is an excellent, excellent game. Enjoy it!
on 7 February 2011
This game was bought for my son who is 11 years old and he loves it. I am sure we will buy some of the expansion packs so he can add to this.
on 12 August 2009
Being an avid fan of Sims throughout versions one and two, I was anticipating great things from Sims3. However, having purchased it from Amazon over a month ago, I am still unable to sample the game. It will not install on my PC - throws out numerous errors. I have been communicating with the EA support team via email for a month, and despite all their advice have had no luck as yet.
on 3 September 2010
cracking game improves upon the original and sims 2 vastly

a must buy as its the only game i can play with my girlfriend
on 12 August 2010
I have been looking at Sims 3 for ages, and it sounded really good. I saved up the money to buy it, and couldn't wait to order it. It arrived and I installed it, which took at least an hour. When I started up the game, the picture was very jerky. I made my Sim, but when I clicked the button to move into my house, it just completely froze, and the game shut down. Everything froze, (including the computer) resulting in me having to turn the computer off. I restarted the game another four times, and every time it froze at the same point. I feel very disappointed and let down by the makers, as I was really looking forward to playing the game.
To anyone thinking of buying it, BE AWARE THAT THIS MAY WELL HAPPEN TO YOU!!!
3 people found this helpful