on 27 December 2017
love it, great quality, Melissa & Doug never fails....thank a lot
on 7 January 2018
Lovely but no lid to wooden storage except the he flimsy see through plastic that my 9mth old baby can snap/twist/bendeasily
on 26 August 2017
Love it, well made and visually attractive, my children really like it & play with it in a number of ways.
on 11 January 2018
No lid. This is a real problem with this item
on 2 January 2015
my son loves this puzzle
on 5 August 2017
Love it
on 11 November 2016
A brilliant idea but flawed.

I love these mats - very colourful and solid and my 3 year old was very happy with her present.

After playing for a bit the frustration began with the shapes. They very easily moved around the picture and any slight movement would knock the whole creation off. not sure how this could be fixable.

The one side of this product that made little sense to me was the packaging - there is no lid! (just the initial plastic filming which goes in the bin after opening. I'm not sure about the other parents out there but I feel toys like this with loads of little parts should be able to be packaged away and stored easily. I have a little (very active) baby and have to be very careful where I store the game.

Overall a lovely idea but just not practical.
on 11 February 2017
I ordered one of these for my niece for Christmas. We enjoyed playing with it together, so much that my other niece asked for one for her birthday. My sister has just contacted my to say that upon opening it, she descovered that there are no green triangles and therefore can't make the patterns. I don't want to return this as she really wanted it, but would very much like her to have some green triangles. I couldn't find a contact seller option, so thought that writing a review might be the best way forward. If all parts were there, would be happy to give 5 stars.
on 21 February 2015
I bought this toy so my 3yr old could practise copying patterns and do free play putting shapes together. The shapes themselves are fine. They are well made and a good size for little hands to work with (small enough to promote fine motor development, but not too small to be too fiddly). The pattern/picture boards included are drawn with shapes the exact same size as the shape pieces, with the idea that children will be able to place the shape pieces directly on to the wooden boards to make the picture. This was the reason I bought this version of tangrams as opposed to other versions that have smaller pictures to copy, as it is easier for young children to copy directly rather than copy a picture. However, the pieces are extremely slippery on the picture boards, to the extent that it is frustratingly impossible for young children to work with. Whenever my child attempted to join a new piece to the picture, the other pieces would slide out of place, even with the lightest of touches, and even when I showed him how to do it. This aspect of trying to play with this toy was simply making my child frustrated, as he understood the concepts required to complete the picture, but the physical requirement of having to be so precise when adding new pieces was too demanding. The physical dexterity required was something even I found annoying, so I'm not sure how the manufacturers expect children to cope.

I ended up buying a self-adhesive magnetic A4 sheet to cut up and stick on to one side of the tangram shapes so they are now magnetic. We use them on a cookie tray and my little one copies the pictures.

If you are considering buying this for young children, I would recommend going for a magnetic version instead. This one is just too frustrating to work with.

Also, the box this comes in doesn't have a lid. Just a piece of plastic that sits on top, so you have to buy a new box for it.
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 January 2017
Lovely product but it's a shame it doesn't come with a lid!

See one answered question