Customer reviews

Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Lacing Beads - Educational Activity With 27 Beads and 2 Laces
Package Quantity: 1|Style: Original Packaging|Change

on 5 August 2013
not played with this yet as kinda ahead of myself with this, bought it for christmas. have looked at it though and its exactly what i was hoping it would be, colourfull and educational. my wee boy did have a look at it too and he was trying to feed the lace through the beads and stack the blocks so hopefully when he gets it as christmas he will still like it.
on 12 December 2016
Brought as a christmas gift for a little one after son was brought one previously. They are a lovely gift and are nice bright colours. They encourage colours, shapes, recognision of numbers and encourages hand eye coordination.
My little one loves threading them as well as building with them and using them as a load for his bigger. I would recommend!
on 6 November 2014
As descibed, bought as a gift for my Grandson who loves it. Fast delivery. Thank you
on 19 May 2012
Both my three year old and one year old spend time playing and learning from these beads. They are the perfect size for little hands, durable, bright colours, wooden, looks good and value for money for the price I paid. The box is just a small crate with no lid so not great for storage, but making a box or bag will be a fun project in itself.
on 10 January 2012
I really like this lacing beads toy. It's great for counting, colours, shapes as well as motor skills/dexterity for lacing them together. I bought them for my 2.5yr old boy and he enjoys lacing them, counting them and even stacking them like blocks. He's already fine on colours and shapes. I like the variety of facets of learning in the one toy.
Only criticism is that the container is a bit useless which seems odd since it's a good quality product. I'd have paid another pound or two for a proper box...
on 27 September 2016
All wooden pieces good quality. My son is 2 and knows how exactly what he's supposed to do with the beads. It was never an issue with my son, but if you are concerned, these are big enough pieces to be completely safe. They don't fit in small children's mouths. Just keep an eye on the kids at all times as this toy comes with two strings.
on 29 October 2012
The wooden box contains attractive, painted wooden shapes with large holes so that they can be threaded on provided laces. The blocks can also be built and as some have numbers on, they can be used to teach number. Very attractive to 3+ age group.
on 29 May 2016
Both me and my son love these beads. Lovely quality and colours. The crate they come in is a little pointless (I know its for display) but a bag of some kind is an easier storage option. Laces are nice and long think you can get the majority of the beads on the one lace.
on 14 October 2016
My children love threading the blocks onto the string, its great for development.
Supervision is required because of the string.
My son loves to stack the blocks as well as threading them so it can be used as stacking too.

Would reccommnend.
on 15 June 2013
Happily will sit for an hour or two lacing the beads. Plus with a 1 year old wanting to join in, the beads are big and chunky and are not an issue for my 1 year old to pick up and chew (really are big and chunky). All in all a good purchase.