Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 27 November 2010
I first came across this adaptation in 2001 - the movie version, on VHS. I subsequently came across it in the full TV series form, it was issued in 4 instalments across 5 VHS cassettes. when I got DVD, I found the movie, but couldn't find the series and gave up about 2005....
It has reached DVD at last, albeit not all episodes seem to have been issued in Region2/PAL and the cost of the USA ones seems silly....
This DVD starts the adventure off with the first three Episodes, "Cluny The Scourge Part 1", "Cluny The Scourge Part 2", and "Treachery" In having 3 episodes, it parallels the VHS, the second DVD "Cluny's Clowns" has 5 episodes
The animation is good, as is the voice talent... albeit being a Blazing Dragons fan I recognise Basil as Sir Blaze and CheeseThief as Sir Burnevere....
But that's going to happen with any distinctive voice, and few are as varied as Mel Blanc was in his day.

Worth buying? Definitely YES!!

But I still need Episodes 9 - 13... look for another DVD probably entitled "The Visitor" of "The Final Conflict" albeit I haven't found one as yet.
on 9 June 2008
There really sould be a bit more violence in the TV episodes like there was in the book, but none the less it still provides a good tale. And has a great Villian, you could hadly have a good story without a good villian.
I would recommend if you are to Redwall fan to buy the episodes, not the so called "movie" which is just all the episodes trimed into an hour and it's just plain awful.
on 12 March 2013
My grandchildren enjoyed this film - I have not watched it. but go on their recommendation glad to have these choices