on 23 August 2009
I bought these to use with skype as I'm moving abroad soon. I've never bought headsets before so didnt know what to expect but these are absolutely brilliant. They are so comfortable on my head, and they worked perfectly first try. The sound quality and the microphone quality are top notch. I know you can get cheaper ones but my advice is to spend that little bit extra and have something that works and is built to last. These look awesome on too, very retro!
on 22 October 2012
This arrived quickly as usual. I used it for a call and noticed that after the call one earpiece had fallen off. I attached this easily and didn't really think anything of it. 2 days later and I am on a Skype conference call and everything goes silent - the headphones simply don't work. If I wiggle the cable I can get sound sometimes but this is no good for a business product. Do not buy.
on 25 November 2015
It works perfectly fine :) However, if you only have one socket for the audio on your laptop, you might need to buy an adapter thingy because the headphones come with 2 wires, 1 for audio, 1 for microphone.
on 9 August 2012
I bought this product a very long time ago and somehow still have it, and no I don't use it. I've only used it a couple of times, 2 or 3 and after 5 minutes it annoys the hell out of me, the sound might be good but the "high comfort" in the title is fake, it pushes the base of the back of the ear it that it makes it uncomfortable. Other people have said that it doesn't have the right comfort, listen to them, they're right..
on 3 March 2010
Some people say that they found this headset very uncomfortable. Can't say that I agree. They have an adjustable head band, very soft ear cups and they hold my ears very gently. I wore them for 3 hours yesterday and was hardly aware of them. Maybe they just don't suit some people's head shape.

Sound really is great for the price. Very happy to play Modern Warfare or listen to jazz or hip hop on them. Maybe a touch muddy, but nothing serious, with enough welly to hurt your ears if you really want to.

Microphone works well and swivels out of the way when you don't need it. Seems to do a good job of ignoring background noise too. Great for games and Skype/VOIP.

The more expensive version is called something like "stereo headset" which made me wonder whether this was, bizarrely, not a stero set. No issues there though, they are stereo!
on 17 July 2012
The headset comes well packaged and is reasonable when it works. Unfortunately I have now ordered 3 of these and only 1 of them works. Tested on multiple PCs and either one of the earphones is dead or the microphone is dead. If you're happy to go through the RMA process then give it a go. Amazon pays for return postage so nothing to lose. However if you're wanting something to work then find another product. Would NOT recommend you risk it if buying for a gift.
on 10 May 2012
This product promised much but delivered little. While the headphones were effective, the microphone was a total joke. You had to shout at it to be heard, no matter how much you turned up the sensitivity. Very dissapointed with the purchase- WOULD NOT recommend.
on 4 March 2015
I use Skype a lot, so wanted a really comfortable headset with a good quality mike. Mike seems to be good quality and the earphones are ok in terms of quality, but after wearing this for an hour, my ears do start to hurt. I've tried adjusting it but it doesnt seem to make much difference.
on 31 October 2010
...and before you one-track-minded Amazoners out there get the wrong idea (yeah, you KNOW who you are!), I'm talking about the acoustics that come with this headset! Yes, it's intended primary use was to call and chat via Skype, but then we started listening to YouTube video and CD tracks and the sound was AMAZING! It is no exaggeration to say that it was almost like being right there in the recording studio!

All of which makes the PRICE even more unbelievable!!!
I spend quite a lot of time on the phone and have recently started using skype much more (often up to 4 hours a day). I have an Ipevo handset which is excellent, the quality is just like a landline but it makes my neck ache or hand ache using it for hours at a time. I wanted a headset but did not want to spend a fortune. This one had great reviews and while I do realise that VOIP is not quite as good as a landline, these days with good broadband connections and speeds and good hardware, there should be very little difference.

I am afraid that this fails. It is pure PnP which is great but after making adjustments within Windows to make the incoming sound better, there is little you can do with the microphone so my callers were saying that they I sounded like I was either in a large empty room or that they were on loud speaker and it was distracting.

I know this is only a tenner but still, a small modification for enhancing noise reduction or something would not cost a lot these days. So for gaming, or the odd Skype call it is good. There is no distortion or loss of sound; Both people can be heard clearly but the tinny sound gives it's price away.

It was fairly comfortable to wear. I needed it at almost the smallest setting to get the pads to sit on my ears and while it was comfortable enough, the angle at which the ear pads are, means there is a slight space and they are not truley on the ears in a good fit but again, ok for the money.

All in all, not a bad headset for occasional use or gaming where call quality is not essential but for serious Skyping not recommended.