on 6 September 2014
I really needed a towing bar, as I had a car that had to be taken to the scrappies, and it wouldn't go under it's own steam. I searched google, ebay and amazon, and this was the cheapest I could find anywhere. I figured all of them were pretty much the same construction, so I bought this one. Apart from the fact that it doesn't fit in it's bag properly, it's fine. No problem at all towing with it. It's way better than a rope!!!!! I would recommend this to anyone (unless you're trying to tow a tank!
9 people found this helpful
on 13 January 2017
Overall very good and, at around £16, considerably cheaper than some that appear very similar . Seems sturdy enough and survived its first use over a mile without incident. Knocked a star off as the "on tow" sign that comes with it is small (I printed a bigger one) and it can be quite tricky to get the second hook on the towing eye once assembled. A little tip...to overcome the second of these issues, join the middle and end section only after hooking the tow eye.
One person found this helpful
on 6 January 2017
Going to keep it short and sweet, As the other reviews say for the money great just towed my car 40miles, driving 30-50mph no problem, Take it easy around corners, There is some bend in bar but nothing to worry about, Easy to set up and quick to put away. Great buy
3 people found this helpful
on 18 August 2013
I bought this a while ago to have for emergencies. The pole comes in a sleeve for easy storage and has a "on tow" sign for the vehicle being towed which is handy. Only had to use this once for towing my friends Vauxhall Corsa 10 miles to the local dealer. My friend had never been towed before and he was quite nervous at first but the pole meant there was no risk of him ramming in to the back of my car. The pole seemed very sturdy and I am confident it would pull a bigger and heavier car with no problems.

This product is well worth the price tag purely for the piece of mind it gives. I now keep it in the boot of my car at all times and would happily use it again if needed.
6 people found this helpful
on 5 February 2016
Good item folds up all neat in the boot , works adequately . maybe the red marker flag could have been a little larger . however all things considered great value for money !
2 people found this helpful
on 10 March 2017
Bought this from Amazon warehouse no box but works well when towed my focus 5 miles to local garage

Only paided £11 pounds bargins really
One person found this helpful
on 2 February 2017
I have never used a tow pole before all ways rope.This was a pleasure to use non of that tugging when setting off and hoping car does not go into the back of you.Towing the car with this towpole felt like i was not towing anything.I highly recommend it
on 22 November 2017
For a car they offer excellent value, every motorist should have one in the boot, small, light and cheap. Very happy with this product.
on 28 April 2018
Excellent tow pole for the money
on 29 October 2017
Ideal to have for when needed