Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 20 March 2008
This would be a another great series to view, but the constant delays in its release is a disgrace. This should actually have been released late 2006, but contant delays. Now I find another one to June. Not good enough! The distributors receive no stars from me.

What is more a annoying is the Americans have had all ten series for years including Are You Being Served Again. As it was a UK series, we should have at least had first chance of ownership

I see put back from June to August now!!!!!
on 15 April 2009
Even if you are just a casual purchaser of British comedy,you should give
this a try.Saucy seaside postcard humour more commonly associated with the
Carry On films is transplanted neatly onto the small screen perfectly.
This series,originally broadcast in 1979,is the 7th,and despite the show
being well into its run,rest assured it is still as fresh and funny as ever.Lets be honest,you can never tire of hearing Mrs Slocombe going on
about her pussy.
This is the final outing for Mr Lucas,which is a bit sad,as Trevor Bannister is a brilliant foil for the other members of the team.
We bid farewell to Mr Tebbs who is replaced by Mr Goldberg,played by the
late Alfie Bass.While they are two lovely characters,i still miss the
presence of Mr Grainger who was one of the originals.
There are no weak links in any of the episodes,"The Agent" and"Strong
Stuff This Insurance"are two hilarious gems in my opinion.
Why are 2 entertain so slow in releasing this classic show?
I asked in one of the forums why in the USA and Australia the remaining
series 8-10 is available on DVD,while we(who made the show)have to wait.
A very kind gentleman did explain to me the reasons,but at the end of the day "Are You Being Served" is one of Britain's most popular comedies and
and will sell exceptionally well.
And bearing in mind the recent sad losses of both Mollie Sugden and
Wendy Richard,i think the time has come for the remaining series and
the spin-off show "Grace And Favour" to be released ASAP!
It would be a well deserved fitting tribute to two much missed wonderful
and versatile actresses.
on 21 June 2009
Still very funny even after all these years, doesnt seem dated, nice to have something to laugh at. look forward to the rest of the series being issued in Sept
VINE VOICEon 26 August 2008
After numerous delays series 7 of Are You Being Served finally arrives on dvd. Was it worth the wait ? Of course it was - the dvd contains all 7 episodes as well as the 1979 Christmas special The Punch And Judy Affair. This series is just as funny as the previous series and was also the last to feature Trevor Bannister as Mr Lucas and Harold Bennet as Young Mr Grace (accept from a couple of guest appearences in later series). Series 7 also introduced us to Mr Goldberg played by Alfie Bass who only lasted this series.

This series has been delayed so many times. I don't know why 2 Entertain do this. They can guarantee a popular sitcom like this will sell. Series 8 is available on Australian dvd and series 9 is due out soon. Once again us Brits are left out in the cold. Lets hope 2 Entertain pull their finger out and release the rest of the series alot quicker.
on 2 October 2007
Series 7 of AYBS? was probably the last 'great' series. For a start, it's the last to feature Young Mr Grace (You've all done very well!) and had some funny storylines. Series 8, 9 and 10, while each having some cracking episodes, never matched up to the rest of the series.
The big question is WHY does it keep getting pushed back? It was originally die early in 2007 I think, and it keeps getting postponed.
Definately worth buying. When you can...
on 1 October 2007
Love the 7th series - lots of great episodes, but why has the release date been put back 4 months??? I would've liked this in time for Christmas as first scheduled!
on 16 December 2007
Like someone has mentioned, this was originally due out in 2006! I had it on my Christmas list for then.. and I'm still waiting! I've given up on it ever being released so I've sold my Region 2 DVDs and just bought the Region 1 Box Set instead! It's 2 Entertains loss! They keep half-releasing old series! Where is the rest of Allo Allo & Hi-de-hi etc?
on 25 November 2007
This was originally set for release at the end of 2006 if you can believe that! I still have my diary where I have marked EVERY release date it has been given and there are MANY. What is going on? Like another reviewer said, it may be easier to go for the region 1 release instead of waiting, as we may be waiting FOREVER.
on 22 April 2008
The release of this title has become a farce, by my reckoning it's in excess of 2 years late! I've no idea what the problem is, the entire series has been available in the States for years. Pull your fingers out releasers and get this title out there...
on 15 July 2015
I had purchased the first six series but was wary of going further as the original cast lost Mr Grainger (here to be replaced by Mr Goldman). However this is a real treat and the series still delivers. Laugh out loud time again.