on 23 August 2013
delivered quickly and in a neat carry box but the strings were all tangled up so we couldn't get it to operate at all. My son spent a whole morning of his holiday untangling the lines which is not the way you'd want to spend your holiday. Instructions on using it were poor and bore little relation to how the product was presented in the box.
on 28 June 2009
Kite purchased as present for husband as a begginer kite. firstly I was pleasantly surprised at the compact form it comes in, with its own little bag - you would never guess it held a kite. once you open it up, its a simple case of connecting the two guide lines, and off you go. Really easy to get up into the air, can do it without help. There are no poles to break which helps when you crash. It's easy to fly and great great fun. I would definately recommend it!
on 11 October 2009
Excellent HQ Symphony Beach Kite for Beginners it is a grate and lots of fun, easy to carry I would recommend any one like to by this very easy to learn, I never flew this kind of kite before, learned in 20 min.
on 30 July 2011
This is a brilliant little kite. Fast, responsive easy to set up and once your used to it easy to launch on your own.

A good entry level kite for older kids as it can have quite a pull. My 10yr old cousin got the same kite (on advice from a DIFFERENT retailer) but he is just to small for it.
I erred for the 1.7 over the 2.1 because i haven't flown a kite for a while and on first setting it up i thought it was way to small but on actually playing with it it turns out to be just right for what i want.
on 5 August 2010
I bought this HQ Symphony Beach 1.7m a little while back now. This is a serious toy. Not a serious kite. Still, great for the beach or for a slightly breezy day. Or when it's too windy for a normal dual-line kite. I've broken the lines already but only because I took it out when it was too windy, my own fault really.
The kite itself is much smaller than I thought, especially the packaging. It comes delivered in its own little pouch and packs down to barely nothing. Tip: leave in the boot of the car, you never know when you might want to fly it.
The build quality is pretty good and will withstand any crashes due to its frameless construction. Despite many hard crashes in windy condition, I don't think mine has even got any sign of tear in the sail at all.
I should have bought the slightly larger one (which is over 2m), and I therefore wouldn't recommend any adult buying the smaller version. Might be great for the kids though!
Get flying!
on 9 June 2011
Bought as a present for a friend, so comments are based on his reactions. At the first outing he managed to get the kite stuck in the top of a large tree (well it was a BEECH tree) but he managed to free it without damage thanks to the strength of the material.
This size he feels is perfect for a beginner, as the next one up would have been to much to handle as yet.
Excellent kite.
on 8 July 2011
This was a birthday present for my husband and he has been very pleased with it. It flies easily, but is sufficiently challenging for plenty of fun. There's no chance of our children (4 and 6) taking over as it takes some strength to keep it under control, but it would be fine for teenagers. It packs neatly into the storage pouch.
on 29 November 2014
Very good fun, you'll get the hang of it in under 30 mins, but checkout some youtube videos before goin to the fields to avoid embarrassment, however i would recommend the 2.1 meters instead, it will be easier to control and would take off at slightly lesser wind speeds than this.
on 1 June 2016
Great camping weekend accessory keeping kids and adults entertained. This kit is ready to launch, but you do need two people, and keep in the sky.

Control is easy with two lines and safe wrist looks to prevent loss. Stunts are very fast to learn and very impressive to view, diving and climbing at high speeds. Landing not to hard and the instructions included make it clear on "how to land"

Getting it out and packing away very easy. Less than a couple of minutes to unwind the lines and attach to the kite. Repacking is just the same and it fits easily into the supplied carry case.

Get one!
on 10 March 2013
I have been flying powerkites for 20 years. After several rather extensive back operations my doctor's question to me was: "What is your rehabilitation goal". He looked at me a little funny when I said I wanted to fly a kite again.(I am a 52 year old woman, so that may have played a role).

This kite was my choice for Goal Day. I was not disappointed.

The setup is quick, the packaging excellent and the fly experience very similar to my memories of my very adventurous former self's.

I had a wonderful time and highly recommend this kite to someone who wants to get a low-risk, high quality introduction to power-kiting.