on 9 November 2017
Once again I have been duped by the good reviews for a film. Denzel plays a quadraplegic who is allowed to continue investigating murders even though he is bed ridden. He alone can see the potential in a rookie cop [Angelina] and he is allowed to use her to investigate a series of murders whilst he maintains control via modern day electronics.
Angelina obviously fits the pattern for the modern American investigator - 30-ish, $5k's worth of collagen lip implants, $10k's worth of dental work and a figure to die for. They must pay police officers an awful lot in the US.
The murder scenes are realistically grisly but the roles of Denzel and Angelina and the way the rest of the police force fawn over them made me press the eject button before seeing all the film.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 9 October 2017
Typical polished performance by Washington. Unusual plot twist by having the main character as a quadriplegic but it's plausible enough. A bit spoiled by the stereotypical arrogant, inept police chief but it's gripping stuff right to the end which is all too soon.
on 26 July 2015
This is probably a good film but I think this particular copy must be a bootleg/pirate. The sound quality was abominable (even with headphones) and when I put on the subtitles to try not to miss half the dialogue, they were even worse! The first sentence of some of the speakers' lines came up and the rest was ignored! Heaven help anyone who is deaf and cannot lip-read - this would definitely have been a murder mystery for them!
on 1 January 2013
I watched this movie when it first came out around 13 years ago but hadn't seen it since.It had long since vanished from my collection so I decided to buy it again.
Positives - Denzel Washington - who improves just about anything he's in in my view.
Also Angelina Jolie.This was shot before she was a "celebrity".These days it is perhaps sometimes overlooked she is also a very watchable and charismatic screen actor - as she shows here.
The relationship between the two leads works for me. Support cast is good too. The story kept me hooked right up to the end. Which is the weakest thing about the movie I think.
Your opinions on some movies change over the years but basically my opinion on the Bone Collector is the same as the first time I saw it. A well acted, well directed, entertaining 4 star thriller apart from the final reel which I still thinks needs some work! But much here to enjoy.
on 26 March 2016
wow! what a cheery film this is :p featuring a suicidal cop with multiple schirosis and a crazy serial killer. Set in some of the most dark and depressing scenes ever, with music to match and brilliant acting to back it all up this film is as dark as it is brilliant.
on 23 December 2016
This movie has a great storyline and is well acted. Don't compare it to other movies (Ironside, Silence of the Lambs, Seven, etc) - judge it on its own merits. It really is a great crime thriller.
on 9 April 2017
With Amazon prime the DVD was delivered in less than 12 hours- amazing! This movie is great. It is one of those movie you cannot miss.
on 27 March 2018
Great film
Now dvd in my collection
Buy & prepare yourself
Good delivery
on 30 October 2017
this is one of my favorite films , so had to get it on Blu- ray .
on 30 April 2018
Excellent service and product.