on 21 November 2012
This is the second Transcend SDHC 4 GB Class 6 card that I have bought for using in my Vivitar DVR 565HD. The first was with a card reader and both proved an excellent buy.

I was recording a stunning rainbow when my first one kept running out of space. Each time I frantically deleted a video - I knew they were backed up but I'm a belt and braces person so was loath to delete en masse - to gain space but each time never enough; I swore that wouldn't happen again. (It's usually my battery that dies on me at crucial moments and I still need to buy a second one of those!)

As I was going on a short holiday anyway this was my obvious choice. I have several Transcend data storage devices and none have ever let me down (I hope I'm not tempting providence!) over many years. This was no exception and I have a lovely (subjective, of course) set of movies and photos, many of which I've uploaded to my YouTube channel.

As I said in my review for the first card and reader there is no delay when I record videos - this time I recorded them all in HD with absolutely no problems.

Perfect.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 1 November 2008
Class 6 SDHC = 6Mb per Second write speed; however depending on the camera are often more capable of writing at much faster speeds than 6Mb per sec... better value for money than "Sandisk Extreme III" ... so I'm really very happy with this rock solid TRANSCEND card, the read speed is also very fast, however Ive not bench
marked it yet...

represents excellent value for money. bought for my Canon EOS 1000D. However, its fine for MOST new SD & SDHC Compatible digital cameras made in 2007 and AFTER.

Transcend are market leaders in high quality SDHC Memory cards. 5 Stars.!

lifetime warranty - Great SDHC CARD for: Pentax K200D, K20D, Canon 450D, 1000D, Nikon D90, D80, D60, D40X, D40,

Im very impressed with how well the card is made, pure quality.!
VINE VOICETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 December 2008
Like another reviewer on here, I have the DMC-TZ5 and the 16GB card works well. I could fit around 3525 9 megapixel images on the card but that'll take a little while to reach that limit. Start using video though especially in HD mode, storage space will disappear quickly although this also depends on the type of video and audio codecs used in a camera etc. For a card that cost £21 including free postage and packing, I am delighted with this purchase.

You should bear a couple of things in mind prior to bouying this card. You need a card reader that can read SDHC cards if you're going to use it as a separate memory back-up (if you try to force the card into a standard SD slot, you'll damage the card). Alternatively if you can, connect your device to a computer via USB/Firewire. Then there's the issue of compatibility - please check with the manufacturer who makes your camera/device if the card will work with your device.
on 7 February 2016
Nice fast reliable, Used in my Nikon Camera. Never had an issue in the camera or when transferring onto the lappy using an adapter (not supplied) or the inbuilt lappy port.

8gb probably isn't a lot of space by todays standards so go for a bigger card now - having said that 8gb is plenty for some devices still - ie moving photo frames and the price of these has come right down now.
on 11 October 2009
Good card - used as a secondary drive in a netbook. No access problems and can be removed and replaced as your storage requirements expand. Coupled with appropriate card reader, makes it a snap to transfer data from one machine to another. Also works in my digital cameras for both stills and video. Plenty of space. However I've had to edit this review because the card failed without warning and the seller (TradeportUK) couldn't be contacted. The manufacturer (Transcend) promised to replace it under lifetime warranty but have not honored their promise. I still rate the card's performance while it worked but I'm extremely disappointed with the manufacturer's lack of response.
Update: I have today (04/12/10) received a replacement card from the manufacturer which means they have, belatedly, honored the promise they made in August.
on 3 July 2008
I have tested the card to check that it is compatible with my Nikon D60 and it works fine. Haven't used it in anger yet so can't comment on the speed.

The card came without a little plastic case. This may sound trivial, but I intend to keep the pictures on the card indefinitely, using the card as the ultimate backup store. A case is necessary for this. It protects the card from damage and dirt. Also, putting a label on the card (for example, to say what dates the pictures on it are from) will stop it from going into most card readers - it it certainly won't go into my camera with a label.

So Transcend, nice card for a good price but it needs a 10p (at most) case, and until you do that, I'll have to buy someone else's cards.
on 27 April 2014
I purchased this in 2008!!!

Since then it has lived almost exclusively in my DSLR and gone with me all over the world; it has never corrupted a file or failed to be recognised by any SDHC card reader it has been inserted into, with speeds topping some class 10 cards I have bought.

In fact, this card has outlived every other SDHC card I have bought, yet still looks like new!!
on 5 August 2010
I wish I had spent the extra and got the sandisk. I had this for about 10 months in my Canon HG20 HD camcorder before I couldn't save movies onto the card any longer. I had guessed the card was full so just switched to hard drive use but today I put the memory card in the computer only to discover it had totally failed. Very poor as the card was permanently in the camera which has been treated perfectly and now I have lost a good few films. It's now just over a year old so little chance of getting it replaced.
on 13 March 2016
I've had this a while now and the files are corrupted on my phone, they are only files that are stored on the memory card, same thing happened when i put it in to my Go Pro.

don't cheap out buy a better quality one you will regret it if you dont.
on 23 August 2016
I purchased this memory card for my dash cam in my car because it was compatible. It fits and works and does the job. Because it is only 32GB, I need to remember to wipe it regularly. Fast delivery and no issues.