on 1 February 2009
I had high hopes for this toy. I was looking for well made wooden vehicles with a variety of classic and recognisable vehicles for a younger child.
The print quality of the paint on wood was not brilliant. The colours were dull and even patchy in places - almost as if it needed a sealing undercoat as the pain had sunk in too much.
The vehicles are a nice size for smaller hands - but the wheels do tend to stick and do not roll freely on many surfaces. Rubbish on carpet or soft vinyl.
He has played with them and does like them - just not as bright and colourful or as "mobile" as I had hoped.
on 18 October 2009
These cars were brought to take on holiday abroad for my 2 year old...they were thoroughly loved and made the flight journey durable for him. Although my only criticism is that the paint has flaked off just after 1 week but this certainly has not effected my son playing with them, plus even his 11 month old brother.
on 1 November 2009
I think this is a great purchase, fantastic value, well made sturdy toys would recommend buying this item!
on 16 December 2009
My brothers kids had some of these a few years ago and they still look great today, sadly the paint job these days is rubbish. Very very poor indeed. My boy loves these, they are great...but like other wooden toy cars I have bought for him recently I would say that I expect for that money a much, much better paint job. Its just not good enough and I would not pay that price for that product again.
on 12 December 2015
Superb little set of wooden vehicles that have kept my 2 year old granddaughter amused for hours. Much safer, at her age, than metal toys and they are really robust, brightly painted, with good rotating wheels. Despite hours of play the paintwork is still in excellent order, some several months after purchase, and, no doubt, will last long enough for her little brother to get his own enjoyment out of them in due course.
on 9 November 2011
I bought the London Set for my Nephew's birthday, aged 5 to accompany a car transporter.
The quality of these blocks of poorly painted wood is very disappointing. It states not for the under 3's -but that is the market it should be aimed for - the undiscerning. My nephew thought I had bought them from the pound store-wish I had.
on 15 December 2015
I love woden toys. Traditional and long lasting. These are a good example of wooden toys.

Pros
===
Good strong build.
Nice wood and good weight.

Cons
====
Poor finish.
Overpriced.
Wheels are poor quality, my little one loves then otherwise I would have returned.

They are good, so happy to keep them and they shold last a long time.
on 17 October 2009
Good toy for a 3 year old, but price found cheaper elsewhere (in a toystore) afterwards.
on 27 October 2011
I bought this set because I kind of want to mix my son's toy collection with some wooden toys which look nicer and are as much fun for him to play with. He's 2 1/4 and likes to point out the different types of vehicles. Would make a good gift and very reasonably priced.
on 3 February 2015
I actually bought this set of cars 2 yrs ago but only now have got round to writing a review and can say that my little boy still have them and still plays with them all the time. He throws them about a lot and they are all still intact I think they were a great buy and of all the toys he's had and grown out of these are still a favourite. I would recommend