Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£9.65+ £1.26 shipping

on 8 April 2008
People who have judged the album based on Tie my Rope and Bloddrunk (which in my opinion are brilliant songs) ought to reconsider. In one sentence it is a return to the Hate Crew Deathroll era only more thrashy and heavy.
The album starts off with the fast and snappy Hellhouds.. before barreling to into single Bloddrunk and then into the heavy Lobodomy. All the songs are technical and should hopefully please most fans ,especially those who were disgusted by AYDY?. All in all a great album, welcome back Children of Bodom
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 April 2008
This wouuld have got 5 stars if the vocalist had actually sung some of the tracks on here. The actual music is superb and is just asking for properly sung lead vocals. Tip top guitar and keyboard work is often let down by the relentless ranting of Mr Laiho. Sure, I know this is their style and fair do's to them they do it very well, but you can be just as angry and still sing - just a little bit... please.

Mind you the bonus tracks, "ghost riders in the sky" and the Creedence Clearwater Revival track "looking out my back door" are just BRILLIANT and proves the guy CAN actually sing.
on 7 October 2008
Melodic death metal with some Power metal influences. Some really cool guitar work, great solos. A slightly heavier alternative to other bands in the genre like Soilwork. It is however very samey and if you're not a fan I can see it only being in your player for a few weeks.
on 28 April 2008
I was looking forward to this album after being a huge fan of all of their earlier stuff (though in all honesty Are You Dead wasn't great either). I've listened through this album a fair few times in the hope I could get into but I just can't all the life's and soul of Bodom have gone, what once was a powerful agressive band have just become Bodom by numbers an album that they know will sell because they've managed to become big enough but clearly hasn't had the thought or effort of previous albums. Yes there is still the technical quality of the music there and yes it's still tight but the hooks have gone and overall all I can say is I was extremely disapointed by this album.

I bet I'll get slagged off for posting this but I know a huge number of Bodom fans who think exactly the same.
33 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 May 2008
Im usually into the Dillinger escape plan, locust, early everytime i die material, but i do love to hear some superb lead guitar and hectic riffs. this album is TIGHT, i have always disliked keyboards in metal, until now. This album changed my view on it completely. It mixes and works so well, kinda makes it a little gothic at times which adds yet another twist on this album. It is heavy, and really pure with such variation, ad the bonus tracks (despite being extremely cheesey) add even more variety to this album. It never gets boring! i've had it in my car for about 2 months solid now and still loving every bit of it, i do skip the last 2 tracks though as they aren't my cup of tea.

I agree with one of the other reviewers though, i think there should be a small amount of singing every now and again for a bit more emotion to the songs (NO IM NOT AN EMO!) but singing would tip this album to the top of the iceberg if there was some backing singing. But i do love the screaming of course, because he does it perfectly
on 6 May 2008
I LOVE Bodom, so this review is biased....sorry.

I had pre-ordered this album and had been looking forward to it for some time. I was worried however because many bands I like have started to favour putting in some clean vocals to their songs, much to my disappointment, and I was worried Bodom would do the same. But fear not! I was cheered to find no clean singing whatsoever - I think Alexi's vocals are usually great and so I wasn't disappointed at all!

Vocals aside, I think this album fares a lot better than their last (Are You Dead Yet) and I rate it alongside Follow the Reaper and Hate Crew Deathroll. The album as a whole is darker than previous efforts, but with the same musicality you have come to expect from Bodom. It gives a great listen all the way through with Hellhounds on my Trail, LoBodomy, Blooddrunk and Banned From Heaven as standout tracks for me. I certainly haven't been disappointed with this purchase - in fact it hasn't been out of my cd player since I got it!
on 18 October 2009
this album is a like boring, if your into children of bodom then this might be for you nothing new or exciting going on in this album a bit of a let down
on 19 January 2009
I've been a big fan of COB since I saw them live. This album was the first COB album I bought and I wasn't disappointed! It's a very aggressive album and has some awesome riffs - Alexi never fails to impress! Great album, and the bonus tracks are very good too. You've got to love 'Lookin' out my back door', it's actually a great cover! Some fantastic tracks from the album; 'Hellhounds on my Trail', 'Bloodrunk', 'Smile Pretty for the Devil'. Well worth the money!
on 12 February 2015
very good
on 6 June 2009
Good grief this is awfull!!!

I loved C.O.B since i first heard 'Hatebreeder',i really loved the energy,the intensity of it all and the blinding guitar work,it's something the band haven't even come close to ever reproducing again. And i don't ever think they will.

This album is kinda similar to 'Are You Dead Yet',but not quite as good. The first 2 tracks are ok,but it's all kinda samey to me.Nothing that will blow you away,no 'downfall' or 'Hatebreeder' here.

The guitar solo's just get shorter and it sounds like they are just goin through the motions.

Maybe they try to sell more being really stripped down songs but i know they can do much better than this,they have way better albums to listen to than this.Bring back the screaming guitar and keyboard solo's and the energy you once had..this just don't cut it for me at all.

If you want to check out C.O.B. for the first time try live in stockholm,hatebreeder or Hate crew death roll...don't start with this!!!!!