Customer reviews

As described.
on 21 September 2014
classic film
on 11 May 2010
I was a bit sceptical at first, I had looked at this film many times and it just didn't appeal to me for some reason. But I am so glad I decided to buy it. It has to be one of the best vampire movies I have seen for a long time. I was gripped from start to finish. If you like plenty of blood and gore it is a must to see.
on 16 September 2015
Outstanding
on 21 March 2015
Interesting
on 30 March 2008
I'll make this short and sweat.

A very good film which i enjoyed 80% & most should enjoy too..

However the film does have a few bad points; such as 30 nights of none stop action/horror

This film does not come across as if you are watching 30 nights. When viewing the film is seems only 3-4 nights if that! of action/horror.

From 1st night then told it's 9th night, then to 27th night??? what a jump! Come on be honest, if you watched the film, it's did seem very strange..

However a good new overall film that offers something close to the THING. Cold, Snow & Darkness. & you know the THING that was a great film!

Rent it and you should be overall happy it's not that bad a film.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 September 2010
I remember when this flick was being trailered. It looked overly reliant on loud noises and jump cuts, destined to ruin what is a fresh take on the age old vampire problem. And so it proves to be.

Someone else wrote about how good it was to see vamps that weren't camp for a change. Well, they are a bit, in the sense of being OTT. The leader looks like a disgruntled maitre'd (sic). Their society is one aspect which is underexplored to the detriment of the film. I'll admit that I stuck with it to the end, to see just how the humans would survive, but having done so, never again.

People living in the back of beyond get attacked by marauding vampires. Serves them right, I say...
on 18 April 2008
I was actually expecting this to be really good, having heard good things, and been intrigued by the trailers. Unfortunately it wasn't all that - it was fairly predictable, the characters were not strong enough to really command interest into their fate, and the end.... well I think I saw that ending in Blade 2 (amongst others!).
I wanted more violence, more story and less of the philosopical ramblings of the 'head' vampire.
On the positive, I thought the concept was good, and the vamps were much improved on previous incarnations. It was well set, and the actors did a good job with what they had.
Worth a look - wait until it drops in price before you buy!
on 16 August 2014