Customer reviews

Stig of the Dump: Complete BBC Series [2002] [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 4 June 2017
My kids aged 12 and 9 loved this DVD, having been read the book by me a few years ago (it being a childhood favourite of my own). The DVD is a good fit for the written story and brings it into the more modern era (well, 2002) with realistic behaviour of the Snargetts and co. The actor who played Stig was great, with some good comedy moments now and then, and good drama in the final episode. We all particularly liked the way the ending of the story was put together and filmed, which added extra understanding to what we recalled from the book's ending. Highly recommended for late-primary-school-age children and their parents who read the book at their age. (PS we all groaned at the grandad (Geoffrey Palmer) and grandma's canoodle mid-series! )
One person found this helpful
on 23 February 2016
Whole family loved this series! So engaging we ended up watching all six episodes back to back on a rainy day. Would happily watch again and again. I loved the book as a child in the 70s and now my own family has fallen for Stig and Barney. I would suggest suitable for 7+ as Stig could be a bit scary for younger ones and there are older boys bullying Barney. Great cast.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 October 2017
A touching tale of the friendship that develops between Stig,a caveman and Barney the boy who befriends him and his attempt to help him get back to his own time.
on 25 February 2017
Back to the days when both main networks produced some great family entertainment with happy endings for a Sunday evening, Wild at heart, down to earth, Heartbeat to name a few. Seems all so intense and out to shock these days.
on 3 February 2018
I would have preferred it if it had been set when the book was set. They have modernised it and it’s just not the same...
on 15 January 2015
My 9 and 7 year old children loved this film which we watched after we had read the book. Its a lovely production to watch which I am sure will watched many times more
2 people found this helpful
on 11 January 2016
This isn't quite the same as the televised one from way back but still an excellent story......bought this for our grandsons Christmas and he and his wee sister loved it. Brought back memories for his dad as well.
on 24 November 2014
This version of Stig of the Dump cannot be bettered; an excellent, faithful rendering of this thought provoking tale
4 people found this helpful
on 6 April 2018
Not the sellers fault but the series is different to the book. Students enjoyed it though..
on 2 December 2015
It was much better as I expected - because I saw the film once but could not finish it. Now I wach it over and over again - it is historical intresting to follow this idea! Great film!