Customer reviews

Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Brush Pen Wallets, Terra Set - 6 x colours
Size: N/A|Colour: Multi|Change

on 13 July 2017
Nothing like the other brush pens I've got, just high quality felt tips, not sure if im going to return them yet, quite disappointed as they were my only prime day purchase and really dont compare to the tombow brush pens, which are what I'm used to. Seems like a deliberately misleading description as I'm sure they are technically brush pens even though they are nothing like all of the others I own or have used. I'm a little annoyed as i don't like feeling as though I've been conned into buying something and the fact that i was excited about getting a good deal on them has only exacerbated this so am waiting to cool off a little before deciding whether to return them as i'm sure they're probably good quality felt tips which i could use

Picture of one of the Faber Castell pens on the left and my daily use Black Tombow ABT Dual Brush Pen on the right to show the difference

Edit: have started a return to get a refund so I can put the money towards some tombow pens
review image
on 7 August 2016
I've had these pens for about a year now, and they are still working fine. The reason for the low rating is that they do not lay down a smooth and clean wash of colour, and so are very streaky. Because of this, I don't use them often, which is most likely why they still work as well as they do, since they are still almost new. If all you want is a line, then these pens will be great, but if you are using them for shading, which is what I wanted them for, they are not very good, in my opinion
on 12 March 2014
I've been doing Zentangle for a while now and have felt the need for greys to use as a third 'colour' (after black and white). Pencil didn't look right somehow. Various shades of grey, rather than just one, seemed ideal. I searched online for packs, but they were all far too expensive. The Faber-Castell Pitt brush pens were the perfect solution.

As soon as they arrived, I made a little colour chart divided into warms and colds, giving the name of each pen, eg cold VI, IV, III (same for warms) and put swatches beneath the names. This helps me to find the correct shade of grey I need at any particular time. I keep this in the plastic pouch the pens come in.

If I want to go over the picture with a watercolour wash, once the ink is dry, it's waterproof as it's indian ink.

Excellent buy.
on 28 May 2017
They are OK, however the tips are starting to fray on me. The shades of grey are nice, however it's hard to get them to blend depending on the paper you are using. There are better brush style pens out there. If you want a pen that will keep it's tip then look elsewhere. With the tips frayed it might as well be a regular felt tip.
on 30 May 2014
Used in conjunction with ink pens for as i said background work, i Like the 'soft' greys this can bring in to the strong black inks i use and gives a nice sense of distance in the pictures and designs for the furniture that i make.
Not used them a great deal as yet so the points on mine have not yet suffered what other reviews have mentioned, will up-date if/when this happens.
But for this price i can live with it if it happens after all, we all have to 'suffer' for our Art ;)
on 14 April 2015
These pens are good, with great tips. However, I feel that they are dark and the light grey ones are darker than I expected. There is barely any noticeable difference between the two darkest tones and the light grey ones are definitely darker than the colour displayed on its cap. Nice set overall though and it has a colder blueish grey and a warmer brownish grey which are great.
on 14 April 2013
very good quality. good price. I kept the wallet to store them neatly: not the most practical, but good enough. Would recommend to anyone, starter or pro
on 12 October 2012
These Pens are simply the best.. the fact that they are indian ink means that they don't soak thru your paper like a lot of other pens do, the brush end tho takes a little getting used to, but the scope of lines you can create are vast..
on 2 April 2015
They're good. Decent, solid, good quality; everything that can expected from Faber-Castell.
You can do nothing wrong by buying them.
Only, I'm not sure, if I would go for the same "colour variety" next time, as I'm not using the greys as much as I had hoped.
That's the only reason I didn't give 5 stars.
If you need the greys for your projects - go ahead and buy them!
on 9 April 2014
just fancy felt tips really, not quite as close to watercolour as I'd hoped, but colours are good ....... .