Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 11 February 2009
I had only seen single episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm on long haul flights and really didn't appreciate the humour; in fact I found it mildly offensive. I'm really glad that I didn't allow my initial prejudice to stop me from buying this collection.

It is the only sitcom that makes me laugh out loud, having tuned in to Larry's head. I like the fact that the actors have been given freedom to improvise scenes and this creative liberation has brought great rewards. I think it's very naturally acted as a result. The humour isn't underlined by canned laughter and boundaries have been pushed well beyond what you would normally expect from tv situation comedy.

I understand that there is another series on the way, which rather spoils my "complete collection box set"; c'est la vie. I can't wait.
on 4 March 2016
Sadly one of the discs was damaged and we didn't realise until watching up until that part. Great series and highly recommended but check all your discs when you get it.
on 8 June 2016
Review not needed really, great comedy, has me in stitches every time.
on 29 August 2016
Great value and quick delivery.
on 3 January 2013
I caught on to CYE late, a year or so after terrestrial transmission, This alongside "Frasier" and "Only Fools and Horses" and the hit "Mrs. Brown's Boys" are some of the few comedies for me that make me laugh REAL HARD!!!......a good buy if you're in need of a good laugh
on 8 October 2015
Great entertainment as I missed a lot of the series when it came on T.V.
on 11 September 2009
This is by far THE Best American TV show EVER!
Larry David is genius! His acting perfect his comic timing spot on!
Forget Friends, forget cheers, forget friaser, forget, will and grace, forget even Seinfeld! This is not only a CULT classic amongs the few but also now appealing to a wider audience!
Go and buy it!
on 24 June 2010
Well after watching Ricky Gervais interview Larry David, Ricky saying that he was the funniest man ever I had to purchase this DVD. We bought the first season and we didnt stop laughing! we instantly ordered the whole season and now are on season 4 and it hasnt let us down its sooooo funny, very dry sense of humour and Larry is the STAR! and his manager Jeff.... Larry says it as it is and falls out with alot of people who just dont get it! BUY IT AND LAUGH ALL THE WAY THROUGH IT! highly recommended!
on 2 October 2015
I love it.
on 10 September 2010
I am a late starter to curb your enthusiasm, but now I'm thinking what have i missed all these years! The characters are flawless, the little sub plots in each episode are fantastic. What you think are throw away lines almost always have some relevance later on and even if Larry is grumpy and makes some outlandish statements, you can't help but take his side in most situations.

Don't buy into the myth that only British comedy is great. This is up there with the greats. PURE GENIUS