Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 August 2001
Released during a time of transition in dance music terms, this album is a classic, it in many ways was old skool, but also suggested a sign of things to come ie the anthemic diva led garage tracks of the nineties. In the Uk, this album spawned no less than four top forty hits, with All and All and Come into my Life being the most notable. Another oustanding track is Lifetime Love(againt a hit), which is contained here in its 12" inch version.Awsome. For anyone who remembers this period, or for people who are now discovering the vibe of late eighties for the first time, this is pure class and an essential buy. Why Joyce Sims stalled after this album is beyond me.For a dance act to have four hit sinlges from an album is an achievement and this was her debut!!!!! She was a real talent and should have grown bigger, given the movement towards house at the time and the eventual domination of soulful house/garage in the nineties. What a wasted opportunity by her record company and indeed the music industry.But hey, how many times have you heard this story before? Buy it!
on 24 January 2003
People seem to forget just how talented Joyce Sims was. Her songs were a breath of fresh air to the charts at the time and created a soundtrack to those long hot summers of the late eighties. Come into my Life was her biggest hit and is still as sexy as ever. All and All & Lifetime Love still knocks spots off any formulated soul/dance acts currently in the charts. Joyce Sims managed to combine serious sexy lyrics with the current street sound,and the songs still stand the test of time today and are as cool as ever. Bored with the charts full of talentless puppets? then go back to a time when talent counted for something and looks weren't everything. Joyce not only sang the songs but wrote and produced them. This album is an absolute gem and is a must for any music lovers collection. Forgot about Joyce Sims? then I suggest you buy this and get reaquainted with a truly talented lady and one heck of an album.
on 7 June 2001
Despite the unbelievably naff cover photos (poor Joyce must be shaking her head), "Come into my life" boasts some fine 80s mainstream soul/funk. It was released just as the first rumblings of the house explosion could be heard, and was subsequently lost in the seismic shifts of dance music. Mostly produced by Mantronik, the album is consistently good, despite the dated production (even tho the arrangements are great) and Joyce's somewhat limited vocals. Since buying this on cd I've found myself returning to it occasionally, and each time I rediscover how enjoyable it is. If you love 80s music you can't pass this up - destined to be a classic!
on 5 June 2004
Like any true music lover with the ability to recognise good quality, I've always insisted the 80s-90s have so far in my lifetime (and I ain't no spring chicken that's for sure), offered the most wonderful array of artists and songs. I mean who would dare place the likes of Busted and the Sugarbabes on the same pedestal as say Joyce Sims, Sybil or Loose Ends? Pleeeaaaasse !! Even other music genres today like Rap, are hardly as good as they were in that era.
No one epiomised the great talent in the 80s/90s than Joyce Sims, as she churned out hit after hit after hit. First there was All and All, Walk Away, Come Into My Life and when we thought she couldn't better those, out popped Lifetime Love, another true dancefloor classic. Did anyone ever sample the remixes to some of her hits? The Dub version of Come Into My Life and Lifetime Love for instance, would give any hit of today a run for its money, no problem.
I purchased this album on cassette, back in the day when CDs had hardly made a breakthrough and to this day I still love it like it was new, hence my search here on Amazon to purchase a CD copy.
Like the other reviewer pointed out, it is such a pity we never got to enjoy the glittering talent of Joyce Sims for longer. Never was a true word better spoken. It is a sad loss to all who can acknowledge good music.
on 5 March 2014
joyce sims come into my life and all and all are 2 massive hits from the 80s i can remember getting down to come into my life followed by sos band just the way i like it and come into my life was 7 minutes long every cd from the 80s should have that song joyce sims laid it down on wax with that tune alone and this cd has a multitude of hits thank you joyce i can not forget those tunes made over 20 years ago
well worthy of the price paid it sounded great and was in excellent condition a credit to the owner who looked after it
on 25 February 2009
I bought this album because I like the song ' All and All' but some of the other songs are also good. A good buy.
on 21 July 2014