Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 10 October 2013
With a contrived plot, signposted twists, repetitive devices - how many times can one man ruin his clothes and have to throw them away before you need to write in a trip to the shops for new trousers? - and scenes so insultingly unbelievable you'll snort with derision, this book was overpriced even at 38p. If reading about a man brought back from the dead with a defibrillator and released from hospital later the same day appeals, this book's for you. If you are looking for a crime thriller with plot development, characters, and some research effort on the part of the author then I'd give this a miss.
44 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 August 2013
Although this book started off a little slow, it built the pace and eventually became a keeper. I wouldn't describe it as unputdownable, but only because there were times when I HAD to put it down and take a breather. From Richard's first encounter with Ashleigh, you know there is going to be trouble, but it isn't entirely clear what form that will take. Although at times you want to scream at him to leave it to the police, you know why he can't do that, and in any case they are being particularly inept. Although intially it isn't clear who is who, we do find out before Richard does and are therefore keenly aware of all the mistakes he is making which ratchets up the tension considerably. There were two or three times when I just had to put the book down for a while and then had to keep reminding myself that the hero can't die - or can he? Things don't always work out the way we think they will and bad things sometimes do happen to good people. Martha is proof of that.
Once we know the reason behind the bad relationship between Richard and his father the sub plot became a bit obvious to me and wasn't such a surprise as it seems to have been for other reviewers. I did note the irony of the final outcomes for Sam and Martha.

A good read
on 25 September 2013
Thank goodness I only wasted 38p on this book! What utter tosh. I only stuck with it to the bitter end because I wanted to see if it could become even worse of a read. Who calls their sister 'Babe'? It was riddled with spelling mistakes and rubbish over-dramatized descriptions. I wonder if this book was self-published. Anyway, Bill Brenners, don't give up the day job is my advice to you.
44 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 March 2011
i downloaded this book by mistake but kept it as the price was low
this book grabbed me and it was a very good read....it was a real page turner sometimes i just couldn't put it down.... thinking i'll just read another chapter and ended up reading more than one!!
on 28 September 2013
From start to finish the story was both predictable and unbelievable at the same time. The characters were engaging, but we're injured, shot and almost died (twice), still managing to find the killer without any assistance from the police. Sorry not one to be repeated.
on 5 October 2013
I can't believe it's only 277 pages, it felt like it was so much more giving.
If you can get over the fact that Richard (who didn't seem very macho to me) endured all of that physical violence and injury and just kept coming back for more and that the Police were utterly and totally incompetent, then it was an entertaining read.
I think the author worked hard to weave in all sorts of other sub-plots along the way and gave us plenty of hints to work it all out for ourselves before confirming it in the story.
Reading this felt a bit like watching a raunchier version of an old T.V. episode of Diagnosis Murder (minus the hospital setting and Dick Van Dyke). Very entertaining and all wraps up nicely by the end of the episode.
on 17 October 2013
It kept me wanting to turn the page and keep going. The beginning and the ending was great. I found the middle at times a little dull but on the whole a great read.
on 21 September 2013
Really enjoyable crime thriller. Took a few chapters to get into but once the story got going it was brilliant. I would recommend this book.
on 27 September 2013
As I only paid 38p. for this book, I must admit I didn't expect much. I have to say, though,this was excellent from start to finish. Lots of twists which kept it gripping. Definitely want more of this author!!
on 3 November 2013
Starts out fairly reasonable. Murdery mystery, I thought? Yes, it is, BUT the main character is so unbelievably heroic and seems to have the ability to withstand, broken head, nose, ankle,drugs, drink ( shall I continue)? he is farcical.
Not forgetting his abilities, to drive cars,trucks, motorbikes, boats, have cardiac arrests then be discharged from hospotal the same day?? His sister is not much better. Travelling around eerie crime scenes alone in her wheelchair, despite her horrific pain, just " grim determination" No rehab for her after 2nd accident - oh no! Out of coma - kidney transplant, all hunky dorey after a few months! Don't make me laugh!
Even when his father is on his death bed and "hasn't got long" " tell him I'll drop by tomorrow" ??
Seen worse plots in a Carry On Film. Thrown into this messy mix is the fact that the 'villain' is known to them all, even his new lady love and she never utters her horror at having lived with the blighter for 6 years? She is so loved up with her hero, she doesnt even shudder?
In reality most of the characters would need serious counselling after all their traumas, totally ludicrous and unvelievable .
If you like fantastical nonsense, this book is for you. If not, give it a wide birth, unless you need a good laugh at it's shambolic nonsense. You have been warned, it's rubbish.