on 17 April 2016
A beautifully designed edition of the most loved P&P.
- There are plenty of beautiful full-page and small color illustrations all through the book. One of them could be opened. This makes it a perfect gift for young readers.
- patterned endpapers
- orange head, foredge and tail with a pattern.
- the font is perfectly good for reading.
However I could spot some spelling mistakes but these seem to be very rare. All in all I was satisfied with my purchase.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 27 March 2017
I began this book because I want to read as much of the "classics" as possible. I was ready to hate it and at times really struggled with the longwinded paragraphs. But I realised that whilst not my favourite. It is a very well written novel with alot of wit and heart. When you then realise how old it is and how fresh and exciting it would have been in its day (I believe it was farahead of its time in terms of its strong female characters and social commentary) I can't give it five stars because I personally did not enjoy it so much but I can appreciate its genius and am very glad I made the effort to read it.
on 23 July 2017
I love this colouring book. Gorgeous pictures, and the fashion is correctly portrayed. Lovely thick pages, with colouring and script from the story.
I have only one small criticism - the gloved hands of the ladies look like they are wearing mittens or socks, only on some pages. Looks a bit odd.
Apart from that, this book is glorious to colour.
Looking to buy Emma or Persuasion next if available.

Elaine 5*****
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 December 2010
I would give this story 5 stars. I never read it as a student during my English Literature days, and I sorely missed out. Prompted to read it so I could help my own daughter with her GCSE, I couldn't put it down. Although the world has moved on considerably, the story itself seems fresh and exciting.
I have a couple of niggles about the kindle edition (though, as it's free, I can't really have justification for complaint). Lots of words are emphasised in capital letters; whether these were originally italics I could not say. But there are a lot of them, maybe 2 per kindle page, and it rather feels as though you are reading a certain type of tabloid newspaper rather than a famous literary work! The other small niggle is that there are place names blanked out like this: "-------shire", which I'm sure cannot have been in the original.
These are only niggles, however, and I would recommend it as an essential read for anyone who has never done so before.
33 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2012
This book is one of my favourites i've read it abour 30 times plus and each time gets better and better. Austin really did know how to write books and even though she was in her late teens early twenties she had a good grasp on life and how to make it into a wonderful story. When watching the film it seems as though something is missing from it. The book is wonderful and so well written. I love the fact that Mr Dacey and Mr Bingley are involved alot more in the book than in the film. Also in the book Mr Bingley has 2 sisters only one of who is mentioned mostly and that is Caroline. She also used very appropiate names for the age for example, Jane, Elizabeth, Kitty, Anne. I love the book and i have it on paperback and i won't part with it at all.
on 11 June 2017
A witty window into another age. The dialogue shines of the hilarious euphemisms of a time when moral values forbade insulting others in the open. Pride and prejudice is a funny, heartwarming, seemingly impossible love story, yet one where smarts triumph over social norms.
on 11 February 2014
(Reviewed by Hannah, daughter of Phil)

Pride and Prejudice is one of the books that you HAVE to read. I enjoyed reading this after watching the film as I could find the differences between the book and the film. If you enjoy old-fashioned romance novels, written in beautifully complicated English, then this is a book for you!
Take your time and savour every word - it's worth it!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 31 July 2011
Most TV and raido adaptations have a lot of time restrictions, and often make small changes to suit a modern audience. That said, Jane Austens writing feels modern, and not something from so long ago. The extra words bring to life the politics of the day far better than you see on the screen. There arent many books I re-read, but this is one of them, and it is definately my favourite of her books. That said many others must feel this way, or it wouldnt be filmed and read so often!

This isnt a heavy going book, and ideal for some light hearted holiday reading. Also suitable for teenagers to read, you never know they may find they like the classics. And its free!
on 30 May 2017
not keen on the actors voice, otherwise fine
on 7 October 2016
Alright, Austen is without any doubt my favourite classical author!
My mother introduced her to me, when I was a young child and I totally fell for her writing style and her subtle humour used in most of her books.
Jane's way of writing captures you and transporst you into the 800's world within seconds and this a magic skill that not every author has trust me!

I was so pleased when the book arrived on time and in impeccable condition!

Please red this piece of artwork if you haven't yet!