VINE VOICEon 29 November 2008
This nano has had some vast improvements from the first generation all those years back. The screen has enlarged, and is very good. The colours and clarity is exceptional for something this small. It is a lot thinner, less than 1cm, and has a nice curved shape. It has a new feature not before seen on the nano, let alone any ipod, and this is a shaking the ipod to change track. The genius software is very good and I find very useful and selects suitable matches for my music library. Also, new with this generation is the accelerometer built in. This allows you to turn the ipod on its side to watch video. The price is very good, but is still expensive for its capacity. However, this is made up for in superb free software that is very easy to use and master. Also, this is by far, the most accessory orrientated MP3/4 player. However saying this; some of the new generation ipods including this one don't work on old docking stations. You may want to be aware of this if you intend to use old accesories.
on 4 January 2018
Good price & in perfect working order, as good as buying a new one!
on 29 October 2008
I bought this for my daughter for christmas and my first impressions are that this is one very impresive piece of kit. It feels very well built considering the thiness and size ,this is the first ipod in the family it is a replacement for an old fashion mp3 player. Using the itunes download tool makes buying and loading the ipod easy , you'll be an expert within minutes ! ! The picture quality of the screen is totally amazing again considering the size and thickess. The instructions supplied in the packaging are a bit basic , but a complete set of instructions can be downloaded from the ipod web site. I really can't think of any negitives only lots of +points.
0Comment| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 February 2014
Very happy with this purchase - it came promptly before I was expecting and it is in excellent condition with great battery life (something I was concerned about) - great value for money.
on 30 December 2008
I received a pink Nano as a Christmas present. It's great - the colour, capacity and ease of using are all excellent. The charging thing is however irritating - I have a docking station/speaker set that I used for my old ipod Mini and got the 'charging is not supported' message.

I browsed online for some new speakers and being unimpressed with the range available (unless you have £200 lying around!) set about trying to charge my ipod whilst it was in the docking station. I connected the USB port on my speakers to the back of my computer and now when my ipod is in the speakers and i'm using the computer my ipod will charge. Still having to use a USB socket but preferable to using the USB cable supplied by iTunes due to my tendency to misplace leads!

The nano is well worth the £100 or so it is advertised for.
on 26 November 2008
New Apple iPod nano 8GB - Pink

After doing a good research both in-store and onine, I finally bought this cute as well as funky gadget. And this product from Apple is really amazing. The bright pink color catches the attention always. Though the sound is not as loud as in the classic iPod 30GB I have, but I am happy with this much!
The cover flow and shake to shuffle features are the major plus points.
Also regarding the delivery of this iPod, it reached my house in just 2 days from the date of dispatch.
on 1 February 2009
I love my IPod, the only bad thing I would say about it is that every time you want to add a new album you have to add them all from fresh as otherwise it only adds the new one and wipes off all the old stuff. On the good side, it holds loads of information, it looks lush and it fits in my bag perfectly. Would definitely buy another one.
on 4 September 2013
is still going.... battery still lasts quite a bit and I use it every day on my way to work or back home.
on 4 January 2010
My wife hinted that an iPod would be a nice present, but that I should not spend lots of money. So that ruled out a new 5G version, and I bought this superb pre-owned (but as new) pink 4G (8GB). So many other things can take photographs nowadays (mobiles, digital cameras, camcorders etc) that it is no problem that the 4G has no camera. But it does have pretty much everything else that she wants, which is just to store and arrange in order as many tracks as possible, and play them back via earphones or car CD player as simply as possible. iTunes is a bit non-user-friendly, but even my wife can now buy and download to iTunes, then transfer to iPod, whatever music takes her fancy. Trouble is....it's just TOO easy to spend a fortune. (Ah well, it's her credit card.) She is thrilled to bits with her 4G and strongly recommends it to those who just want to listen to high quality music.
on 12 April 2009
I thought that my daughter in law would love the colour of this model! She is quite into pink, and it was bought as a 30th birthday present for her. I hadn't looked at this model in the shops and was really gobsmacked at how very slim and lightweight it was....(I thought that my 3rd Gen Nano was small compared to my very first original iPod..but this was tiny). The "shake" shuffle feature is really good, the colour was just as jazzy as the product description, the price was excellent...... and my daughter in law loved it so much!!