Customer reviews

on 19 June 2016
I have been listening to this amazing woman on and off for about a year and I finally took the decision to buy this CD and was not disappointed, tho I find Radio Music Society a far more accessible set. That doesn't take away any credit from this CD it just took me longer to get into the groove of her style on this piece. She is one clever lady with such a diverse approach to her craft. Her intelligence as a musician and singer is just like no other. Modern Jazz in it's finest moments.....I believe even new people who are tinkering into listening to jazz for the first time should not overlook this woman. I would certainly recommend Radio Music Society as a first choice to get into her growing body of work.
on 14 May 2011
If you only buy one modern jazz album this has to be the one. Esperanza is a classically trained musician, playing jazz with other extraordinarily talented classical musicians. To my ear, the fusion creates a level of depth and interest which is second to none. The combination of melody, harmony and rhythm is absolutely mesmerizing and each time you listen you will hear something new and exciting. I have been following ES for about 9 months now and was lucky enough to see her live at the Barbican in April this year (2011). Her stage presence is amazing and I have made sure I have tickets for her next London gig in July. Ok she's only 24 and that makes her talent even more surprising. But the fact is her age is irrelevant other than as a reason for even more additional admiration. The fact is that this and her other albums are all stupendous, whatever her age.
on 21 September 2013
my first ever album by esperanza, and i wasn't disappointed either. a fine mix of jazzy and soulful tracks, along with her fantastic/perfect vocals. most tracks on this are great, and it shows how talented the singer is. there are maybe 1 or 2 that let it down if i was pushed to say, but generally a great album. i highly recommend this, and any of her work.
on 29 January 2017
A nice mix of Latin music and jazz
on 10 December 2012
Well, what can I say ? This woman is fantastic. Excellent Jazz bassist. Excellent Jazz singer. AND SHE IS WHAT AGE ? 28. Yes, 28 years old. I wonder what the great Jazz Masters up in heaven are saying about her. She and her band knocks me off my feet.
on 6 August 2016
Great!
on 10 August 2012
Interesting and lovely voice, nice to hear some originally sounding jazz.Judging from her vocals, it's difficult to imagine what she looks like. But it's comforting that there are some young singers still interested in good quality music.
on 22 April 2012
Great talent and fine music to listen to. I'm going to see her concert too, good promise for the future.
on 9 January 2017
Thanks
on 1 January 2013
My wife wanted this for christmas, and I've enjoyed to listen to it as well. She plays very well. Obama likes it to!