on 4 February 2009
Bought this toaster & the matching icona kettle in red. Noticed by all who enter our kitchen & tried by all,well at least the kettle. It has several settings (frozen, reheat, bagle, this toasts one side & warms the other & cancel)it takes 4 slices, we have warbertons bread which is quite large & it fit's in & toasts ferfectly. There are individual toast colour settings for each side of the toaster,this has saved some bread & arguments as daughter likes it barely done & husband turns dial when daughter not looking to darkest brown (on previous toaster). At the rear there are 2 crumb trays, they seem ok to get out perhaps a bit fiddly to get back in but ok. The toaster seems quite quick but then it depends on how dark you have it & it is very evenly toasted. The paint quality is good & doesn't show finger marks.There is a recessed area around the top in stainless which does show a few marks but then I suppose it is more durable for constant wiping than a painted surface, crumbs do collect between the two. All in all worth the money & i think the best toaster we have ever had. Happy Toasting!
0Comment| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2009
We had an old toaster which had seen better days and saw this one for sale - we needed a four slot toaster - this one looked fab as was almost two two slice toasters in one machine - each two slot portion operates independently of the other.
It looks really good on our worksurface - certainly adds to kitchen, however, the left hand side toasts unevenly. The top of the bread is almost uncooked and the base is really toasty. There are individual 'colour of toast' knobs each side, in order to get the top of the toast the correct colour, the bottom of the toast burns.
We will get used to this, however, if anyone else comes across this toaster, be aware that it may not toast evenly on both sides.
It does look good and is much cheaper than Dualitt (I could not justify spending that amount of money!) However, I wish I had.... our old Morphy Richards was a bit of an eyesore but made much better toast. RIP.
on 15 June 2009
Having avoided buying a toaster of any description over the last 6 years I plucked up the courage to spend good money on the De'Longhi Icona. It is worth every penny. The bread actually fits, it browns evenly and amazingly quietly, and having independent controls for toasting two slices is very useful. You need a good chunk of workspace to put it but having a toaster that actually does a good job makes it worth it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 January 2015
Have to agree with Barry U in that the consistency of level of toasting is quite patchy. Our daughter likes her toast very very lightly toasted so we set the timer to number 2. Results are varied, but mostly it means one side of the bread is toasted, while the other side is still whitish looking. To get it perfect, we have to pop half way through and turn the slice around.
Another annoyance with this (and to be fair, this was an issue with the toaster unit it replaced), the slots more often than not don't fit the bread side ways. Warburtons etc are slightly longer than they are wider, and you have to put them in standing up as on their sides, you are having to jam ( :) ) them in, resulting in patchy toast and difficulty in getting back out. I have on occasion found my toast is ejected completely once done and is lying on top or at back of toaster.
For the price paid for this, I would expect none of these problems, so really we just paid a premium for it to look the same as the kettle and microwave. And when I say we, I don't actually recall having much in the way of a say in the matter :)
We have had this toaster now for almost 3 years and while it does have some consistency and operational issues, it is still going strong and is used multiple times daily, so from that perspective, it is a good purchase. I think 3 stars is therefore fair all things considered.
on 18 March 2017
Lovely looking item. Lots great and performs great. I like the whole icona range.
on 9 April 2016
Purchased May 2010 and still going strong.
on 17 February 2012
Everyone that comes into my kitchen admires this piece of kit. Easy to use, easy to clean, toasts well....what more can you want for a bargain price....just buy it now!!
on 19 June 2017
Beautiful
on 1 May 2011
I bought this toaster to go with my new kettle and they both look great together! It's a sturdy toaster and looks great
on 22 May 2017