Customer reviews

on 25 September 2011
Wasn't sure that I wanted a tomato knife when I was searching for a knife set, but I bought this at a discounted price, and pretty much got it for free when comparing the normal price for buying the chefs and paring knives separately. As it happens, I probably use this as much if not more than the others. I wanted a Henkels chefs knife after reading the Which magazine review feature, and have to agree that whilst it's possibly not the sharpest knife you can buy, the Victorinox knives I own are sharper and therefore better for cutting up vegetables for example; it's fantastic to use and hold being perfectly weighted for me. I'm no expert, but I can chop fairly quickly and evenly with this knife, and onions are a doddle - perfect for those of us still living off the glory days of student chilli con carne recipes.

I have also bought the Henkels sharpener to make sure the blade profile is maintained, though I'm sure there are others that could do the job equally well.
on 21 May 2016
The knives were designed in the 1970s with input from professional chefs who knew what they needed. Chefs' needs haven't changed to this day. These are seriously sharp knives than can cause you dreadful damage if you aren't careful. They keep their edge after repeated use and the Henckels Duo Twin sharpener is perfect for keeping them razor sharp. The handles are non-slip.

The cook's knife is well balanced and has a good weight and feel. The small paring knife is superb for doing preparation and even boning out meat while the tomato knife slices the thinnest slivers. These two knives alone cost £35 each if bought separately.
on 10 November 2011
We purchased these knives as we were looking for something better than the average but we did not want to spend money on designer high end knives that would just get abused in the house. These were a competitive price the reviews were good and they have turned out to be very good value for money. They stay sharp and have done the job perfectly. Excellent for the keen amature.
on 17 November 2011
A fantastic set of knives and unless you are a prefoessional chef, these 3 knives really do cover all of your chopping, slicing and paring needs. The knives are VERY sharp (as a good knife should be!) and come in a plastic box which can be used to store the knives in when not in use. Handles have lovely soft, comfortable grip. Wonderful purchase!
on 14 May 2016
I've been using these knives for about 6 weeks now and still look forward to using them when cooking. They're built to last and as many other reviewers note, they're perfectly balanced and are a joy to hold. They also hold their edge much longer than cheaper knives that I've owned in the past.

Comparatively my flatmate owns the 5 star version of these knives, but I much prefer the 4's due to the way they feel in the hand. There's no apparent difference in their ability to cut things either.
on 17 May 2012
I bought this knife set for my mum and she loves them. Item has arrived as expected and described. Would recommend to every one.
on 14 November 2013
Although on the expensive side, these Henckels knives are really worth the extra. They handle beautifully & stay razor sharp.
on 11 April 2015
Great knife to add to my collection
on 22 January 2013
Fabulous set, and a great deal on the price. I couldn't imagine being without them, they are so sharpe and sturdy, a delight too use.
on 27 December 2015
we have these knives already and they are excellent, we bought these as a present and so far they have not dissapointed the recipient