on 16 May 2013
This is an awesome head. I use it with my big 500mm lens, and i just couldn't manage without it! i also have used it with my 180m macro lens, being telephoto the lens is quite heavy, and handheld macro can at times be a little tricky, so this comes in great coupled with my monopod is fantastic! don't get a cheap mono either though! brill one will cost around £50
on 13 June 2012
I was in two minds over this never having used one before. However, 2 minutes with it and I would not use a 3 way head again unless for video. Fast! Giottos oozes quality and feels sturdy. Holds the canon 70-200mm lens well at any angle. Great with a monopod, or a tripod. Def recommended..
on 19 November 2009
Bought with the excellent Giottos GTMTL9351B tripod I had high hopes for this but, while it is nice, I feel disappointed.

The trouble is that there is 'sag' after you lock the ball meaning you set the camera where you want it, lock the ball in place, and the camera drops ever so slightly. Not too much of a problem when taking landscapes, but a couple of mm drop in a 1:1 macro can make a world of difference. OK so there are specific heads for all types of photography but still...
5 people found this helpful
on 17 September 2011
I bought the Giottos MH7001-652 to use on both my monopod and tripod swapping between the two. The head is well engineered, is a good weight feeling very solid.
I have used it with my Nikon digital slr and 55-200 zoom, which it holds solidly. On my Giottos MTL3261B tripod on the last outing in strong winds shots with long exposures (evening) came out great.
on 8 August 2011
Seems fine for a SLR plus kit lens. However using a large lens the ball head awkward to get into position and will slowly drop if you haven't really tightened it hard.
on 20 October 2010
As the other review mentioned the slight movement in the head when a camera is attached I noticed this but with a slight adjustment of the screw it holds my Gripped D700 & 70-200mm VRII fine... So I'll go with 4 stars.