Verbatim 43667 8.5GB 8x Double Layer DVD+R Inkjet Printable - 25 Pack Spindle
Style: DVD+R DL|Size: 25 Pack Spindle - Printable|Change

on 13 October 2017
In view of the way this comments section to all versions of Verbatim blank DVDs, please note that this review relates only to Verbatim's DOUBLE LAYER 8.5GB DVD+R disks -- that is: DVDs with twice the usual capacity.

DVD+R DLs seem nowadays to be in short supply, with many a high street retailer no longer offering them (or, in more than one case, charging more than £2 a disk.) A pity, because as a storage medium, the DLs are excellent for home movie compilations, it being the case that as often as not, the limit is exceeded when writing to a standard disk: there's nothing more frustrating than to have Ashampoo's superb Burning Studio report that a proposed project has just, but only just, exceeded the standard DVD+ or DVD- limit, and that two rather than one disks are required.

I try to keep my little stock of DLs topped up with the product from Verbatim, it being the case that this company's manufacturing standards are such that I've never yet encountered a single coaster -- not something that can be said of other brands. My now fairly-ancient external Sony DVD writer has always worked perfectly in Double Layer mode, and never had the slightest difficulty with Verbatim's product, whilst the Ashampoo software -- always set to burn at the slowest speed with post-burn verification -- has never encountered a problem. Equally, no DVD player of which I'm aware has had any difficulties in playing them.

Highly recommended then for those who wish to archive their home material or share it with others without having to resort to a plethora of limited capacity disks, and definitely worth purchasing now while stock is still available from Amazon and / or Amazon sellers.
on 29 May 2017
Overall I find these DVDRs to be the most reliable ones and most of the time only 1 or 2 discs didn't work from a pack, whereas other times half the 50 pack didn't work, other times most of them didn't work, it's a bit random I must admit. Some packs just seem to have more that fail than others. I find the same thing with most brands to be honest. Actually the brand that I find that has rarely ever produced a failed disc are Aone DVDRs which I also get from Amazon. I know they don't have the name value of Verbatim or TDK but I actually find them to be the most reliable.
on 3 April 2016
I purchased these DVD+R disks from Amazon to burn with an internal DVD writer drive, to be more specific I used them mostly with LG DVD± RW E-IDE DVD Rewriter. The first purchase of the pack of a hundred of these disks was from Amazon a number of years ago, which were found to burn data at high speed, and the burnt data has been easily accessible with few errors, even after several years.

These DVD+R disks have been used for backups of documents, as well as various other file-types. The disks have been found to perform very well with all sorts of files as tested, including various open source bootable operating systems, before USB booting became the more common method for live system booting.

I think it's been a long enough time for testing these DVD+R disks, to be able to offer a more authentic view to score these disks any of the available five stars. These disks score five stars, due to their great performance so far. I haven't purchased a new batch of these recently, so I wouldn't know if the quality has degraded lately. If the quality has degraded, that would reflect in later updates to the review or its comments.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 November 2016
These, in my opinion, are the best value for money DVD-R's that you can buy at the moment. I have tried cheaper brand ones and I always end up coming back to these. I never seem to have a problem with Verbatrim DVD's or CD's and they are consistently error free, write perfectly, and with the speed advertised on the box.

this pack is great value, it works at out around 20p per DVD which is great value. You can of course buy cheaper ones in the supermarkets or even from the internet, but why bother when you know that these are one of the best brands around at the moment.

They are packaged securely, over the years I have never had any arrived that were broken, damaged or scratched, and they are also great to store because the case they come in lasts for longer than the DVD's. It's easy to open, easy to close and protects them perfectly.

The only thing that could make these even better is some enclosed sleeves to use with them, but I purchased a bulk amount of them for very little so It's really not a problem.

I would definitely recommend these. They are tried and tested, one of the best brands, and reasonably priced, so why bother with anything else? Excellent DVD's.
on 11 November 2017
These discs do not work on DVR machines - panasonic HD/BD-DVD +/- recorders despite what some people report - 5 of 5 failed to even format in this machine, which makes them coasters as PCs reckon their is a foreign format / files on the DVD blank and refuse to use them too - can't reformat for PC use.

OK for PC use but not what I bought them for based on the Amazon reviews.
on 9 October 2016
Good high quality dvds. Used these to burn our wedding DVDs and not had anyone had a problem with playback.
Packaging is good quality and simple.
Would buy again if needed
on 24 September 2013
I picked this brand as a result of reading reviews which indicated that few, if any, write errors would occur (meaning that disks would be scrapped), as I've previously had bad experiences of this aspect of DVDs with other brands where up to half of the spindle have been reduced immediately to scrap.
I'm now writing this after using my final (25th) disk, and can honestly say I've been very happy with the purchase. Out of 25 disks, I've only had one that I had to scrap — and that was my own fault from interrupting the programme, not the disk's!
Obviously I can't comment on how long they'll last, but I've just received my next order of disks — a spindle of 50 of the same make from the same seller — so I'm hoping that these will be just as good (the first 2 have already been used with no problem) as they'll last me for a year or two.
If buying more of the same isn't a good enough recommendation for the product, then I don't know what more I can say. :-)
on 27 January 2018
have used these before as well as other make dvd's. have been let down by one manufacturer who does not make them themselves any more but under licence from another supplier. their original red discs were good but the silver discs absolute rubbish with a fail rate on +rw over 50% their customer service was rubbish with them supplying a usb stick as a replacement
as we like to reuse them we go for the re-writeable disc and so far have had no problem with these
have had problems with others but usually through scratching
our dvd recorders are major main brand
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 16 May 2016
Usually use Memorex and out 2000 discs I have used only 2 did not finalise...I brought a verbatim 100 spindle pack in January - I've just started using them and every disc '15' so far I have used are faulty saying 'recording error' and won't finalise, so won't be using them ever again as I don't trust them with my prized recordings.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 February 2017
Decent quality DVD's with not a lot of duds on the spindle. I have used most of this spindle and out of the guts of 50 discs only 2 were unwritable.

Pretty good ratio of working to not. Spindle lid locks tight, and they print really well in my little canon disc printer