on 3 October 2016
OK product
on 22 June 2017
Hot hot hot
on 8 November 2014
Great product, quick delivery, good price - what more could I ask!
on 5 May 2017
great works perfectly and was very fast on delivery
on 1 August 2009
This is a great stove. It doesn't come with a regulator, but this is good because if it did, it'd be a Campingaz regulator. Campingaz gas is extremely expensive in the UK. If you plan on UK-only camping, or short trips abroad where you won't get through more than one gas cylinder, opt for Calor Gas or Flogas instead. Of those two, Calor Gas is the more widely available.
The Calor Gas 4.5kg butane cylinders are probably the most appropriate for this stove. The refills are approximately £15. That gets you 4.5kg of gas. The equivalent Campingaz cylinder (the 907) contains only 2.7kg of gas, but costs £20.
You can also use propane gas with this stove if you like. You just need to ensure you use the correct regulator for whatever cylinder/gas you chose to use.

Before I bought this stove, I read that you can't use the grill and the gas rings at the same time. This is not the case - you can use all three at the same time if you want to. This being said, it says in the manual that this is not recommended.

Another comment made was that the gas rings are still fairly powerful even on the lowest setting. This is true, but to counter this,
slowly turn the knob past the highest setting (back towards the 'off' position) and you'll find that it's possible to maintain a very low, stable flame.

This gets four stars because the worm drive clips / Jubilee clips included are rubbish. I tightened them to the point where I felt the hose was secure, and they broke.
If you find this happens, you need M00 (m-zero-zero - not the cow noise) size replacement clips.
2525 Comments| 1,083 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 March 2016
the burner are far too hot even on the lowest setting great for boiling but not for frying burns before it cooks
on 17 November 2015
works well but arrived slightly damaged in one corner
on 31 July 2015
For my first family camping trip, this did work fine. We used it with a 4.5 Calor gas bottle, which was easy to fit after watching a youtube video, and still had gas left (don't know how much) after a week's use - 4 coffee pots a day, 3 kettles of water, and three meals where we using both rings and the grill. The grill is very small but we used it for cooking fish fingers and burgers, which needed a fair bit of turning, but they did cook properly - no one got ill! For toast the grill is slow, you need to raise the height so we rested it on a camping saucepan lid to get the right distance. We found it was better/faster using a toaster that goes over the stove part. We had a couple of spills of milk that have left permanent black marks on the stove and can't be cleaned off. However, this doesn't impair the usage of it.
on 28 May 2009
brilliant little stove..compact and sturdy.. best price ive seen it.. calour gas can be used instead of campinggaz cylinders..recommended..
33 Comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 July 2009
This is a great stove and I'm very glad we bought it. We were attracted to this one because it was a double burner and had the bonus of having a grill. A single burner would not have been substantial enough because you wouldn't be able to cook more than one thing at a time - so no tea in the morning to accompany your cooked breakfast! The grill does work well but I would recommend putting something underneath the pan to raise it up to the grill, otherwise it would take forever to cook anything! We happened to find a brick lying around so used that, which brought it up to the perfect cooking height.

We didn't bother getting the Campingaz regulator because we didn't want to be limited to just being able to use expensive Gampingaz gas. We went to our local Homebase to buy some Butane gas and a regulator, but they'd had a falling out with their supplier Calor! We ended up buying Propane gas instead and this works very well with the stove. The instruction booklet will tell you what kind of low pressure regulator you'll need for the different types of gas. I think for Butane gas you need a 28 mbar regulator and for Propane you need 37 mbar regulator.

At first I didn't bother buying the carry case for this stove because I thought it would just be a waste of money, but after using the stove once, I soon changed my mind! Once the regulator is on, you wont be able to fit the stove back in the box without ripping it, like we did! It's also just more convenient to be able to carry the stove over your shoulder and the front pocket is useful for storage.

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone because it's a really good quality product at a very reasonable price. If you interested in this stove you should probably get in there quick as the price is constantly rising - we only paid just over £35 for ours.
11 Comment| 252 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse