on 7 November 2009
This is really one of those games that has stood the test of time, so much so that there is still a live multiplayer community 5 uears after it was released. The graphics are not as bad as you may think, but looking past this it is a solid game with hours of replay value, trying out the different factions and game modes and that's just on the first disc! Barbarian acts as a full expansion with new factions and units whereas Alexander is for the hardcore Rome fan (definitely recomended that you play the other two games first). My only criticism is some odd moments of AI madness (such as where they run in circles around city walls) but otherwise a brilliant game for RTS gamers, even if you're not a fan of classical history.
on 2 January 2013
Bought this softawre as my original disc got lost somehow in the house (I would never say it was my son :-) ) so I bought this and it was exactly as my old one - brilliant game even thought the grafics are not up to date but the idea makes the difference. It's your strategic abilities that win or loose a battle.
on 25 October 2011
From the very first minute I saw the trailer for Rome I thought all my prayers where anwsered, I loved ancient history (enough to do a degree on it anyway) and I love strategy games. Rome total war was like having my cake and eating it too. At the time the graphics where state of the art and brought the world alive, you could zoom into city streets and view the architecture and designs of each factions buildings, emporiums, barracks, you could view the geographical outlook of the land and who owned what in those periods and most importantly the battlefield came alive like no other game seen before.
The graphic may be dated now but the attention to detail is not, spend more time than just clicking to end turns and you will be rewarded with a whole wealth of information, the game is an unboard wiki pedia with dates and evens in history and all three games adds different layers of information to different periods.
Rich in detail, rewarding in stratgy and epic in scale. what more can you ask for in a game? I had to rebuy this for old times sake still showing new titles like Shogun 2 how to do things.
on 23 April 2013
Delivered on time, the package is excellent and is the latest update. If you are looking for reviews trying heading for the main Rome total war main buy page seperate. The expansions are great, Barbarian being more challenging for those fans of the series and also casual gamers. Though in my opinion Alexander expansion pack is for those die hard fans who are very interested in him and his history.
on 7 February 2009
Like a lot of boys his age, my son can sit glued to the PC for as long as we let him and this game appears to have gone down a treat. He was so impressed when he realised he could get the whole Rome Anthology for such a good price. He loves it and so do his mates.
on 3 August 2013
Arcady but quite an absorbing game with pretty decent graphics. Quite a lot of fun to be had slinging great fireballs at the enemy, loosing off clouds of arrows and engaging in cavalry charges and all that sort of thing.
on 20 September 2009
my son loves this game cant get on the laptop for him playing game all time. good value for money.
on 4 August 2009
This is a great value pack and it includes all the latest patches(so Rome is v1.5 and B.I is v1.6 etc). Add in some of the great mods you can get, like RTR, RTRPE or ExRM and you get a great historic strategy game that will give you months if not years of fun. A Bargin, even after the release of the later Total War games which add lots of graphical quality but lose out on some of the depth of gameplay somehow and seem to have worse AI's.
on 26 September 2013
I bought this as my original set of Rome disks broke, so I thought I'd buy some more, and as this came with both expansion packs, I'd thought I'd risk it.
Its well worth the risk! It works and all of the games are excellent!
on 14 August 2011
This Game came very swiftly and the option of 3 games was very good. the drawback however is that even though Alexander and Barbarian invasion are expansions they can not be run from the same program as RTW. They do however make up for this in the fact that they are both very good games and the combat situations are very realistic for those periods of time.